Tao Geoghegan Hart admits shock after becoming second Briton to win Giro d'Italia

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Tao Geoghegan Hart has made history at the Giro d’Italia, becoming only the second British rider to win the famous race. The 25 year-old from Hackney in east London, who rides for Ineos Grenadiers, finished 13th in the final day time trial in Milan. Crucially that was 39 seconds faster than Jai Hindley, his Australian rival with whom Geoghegan Hart began the day level on time. The win produced emotional scenes at the finish line. After embracing his team mates and Ineos principal Sir Dave Brailsford, and kissing his girlfriend Hannah Barnes - also an elite rider - Geoghegan Hart spoke to Eurosport. “Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine this might be possible when we started in Sicily,” admitted the former Cycling Club Hackney rider, who had only won two stages of the Tour of the Alps as a pro before this Giro. “All my career I have dreamt of being top five or top 10 in a race of this stature. I think it’s going to take a long time to sink in.”

Continue reading...