The 2 Visions

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vision #1 - Navarre repeatedly stepping back and, from his 6-6 height, throwing long lasers into outstretched arms of Fitz, BJ and Boldin.

Vision #2 - It turns out he has all the quickness and reflexes of Kent Graham and is more of a stationary target for pass rushers than the statue of Saddam Hussein just before it fell.

I'm jacked up about Sunday, in the hope that Vision #1 will prove accurate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Navarre is 6-6, good post though
Oh yeah? Well just for that, I changed it.

(Thanx)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what Navarre can do, or not do, if that is the case. Denny Green now knows he needs a QB and this is step one of the search to find one.

I just don't know if a statue can survive behind our line. At least we won't have to worry about Navarre seeing over the line. This guy is big - heavy too, not just tall. At camp he towered over everybody.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
footballguys.com's Joe Bryant sees it this way:

Arizona's Passing Attack vs. The Detroit Defense (Tough Matchup)

Rookie John Navarre gets his first NFL start at QB after holding a clipboard as the third-stringer for most of the regular season (and training camp before that). The teams' best running back, Emmitt Smith, is not expected to be able to play, further increasing the pressure on the rookie. This is not the week to expect big numbers from Boldin/Fitzgerald/Johnson. And that's all we have to say about that.

However, if interceptions count for a lot of points in your IDP league, this is probably a great week to start CBs Dre' Bly and Fernando Bryant or Ss Brock Marion (FS) and Bracy Walker (SS) if they are on your roster. Detroit deploys a pretty forgiving secondary, ranking 22nd in the NFL this season allowing an average of 225.2 passing yards per game, with 22 TDs given away in this phase of the game to date (tied for 3rd-most in the NFL). Over the past 4 weeks, they've been allowing less yards most of the time (176 on average), but still give up points (2.8 passing scores per game). Peyton Manning crushed these guys last week, hitting Detroit for 23/28 for 236 yards and 6 TDs.

Neither team has injuries of note to worry about in this matchup.

This game is to be played at Ford Field – weather won't be a factor.

Inserting a rookie into this situation is asking an awful lot of the youngster – most veterans would have a hard time with Smith out and so few reps over the season to keep the rust off their arm. This is a tough matchup for Navarre, due to the fact that the Lions won't have to respect the run and will most likely blitz him unmercifully.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Will there be 100,000 people at Ford Field Sunday?

It might be a little boring for the kid.

I'm not really worried about how John will handle this situation, running the scout team against our defense, is tougher than running our starters against Detroit's defense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
Will there be 100,000 people at Ford Field Sunday?

It might be a little boring for the kid.

I'm not really worried about how John will handle this situation, running the scout team against our defense, is tougher than running our starters against Detroit's defense.

AS long as Detroit doesn't wear Ohio State jerseys I think he has a chance to do well.

Not a big chance mind you very few rookie QB's do well in their first start.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
AS long as Detroit doesn't wear Ohio State jerseys I think he has a chance to do well.

Not a big chance mind you very few rookie QB's do well in their first start.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Lions did come out in alternate jerseys that were crimson and silver?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Wouldn't it be funny if the Lions did come out in alternate jerseys that were crimson and silver?

Yeah and then they could play their next game at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
I'm looking forward to seeing what Navarre can do, or not do, if that is the case. Denny Green now knows he needs a QB and this is step one of the search to find one.

I just don't know if a statue can survive behind our line. At least we won't have to worry about Navarre seeing over the line. This guy is big - heavy too, not just tall. At camp he towered over everybody.

He will have to get the ball out quick if he is to survive this weekend. I just hope Wood calls plays that allow him to do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05