The Cardinals taking the free agent route at CB ?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This again ?

There has been a lot of talk about Keim and his drafting.

What else needs to be said other than there are SO MANY holes where there is not enough youth or young talent.

WR, TE, G, DL, ILB, CB

It gets old looking at the same positions trying to be fixed with the same methods and thinking the results are going to be any different.

From the signings alone, the Cardinals are setting themselves up for a draft full of offensive picks. Not a bad thing, but it is going to be tough watching another year and more cornerbacks and linebackers pass this organization by.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe just making sure we aren't 100% reliant on a rookie CB and also knowing that we likely wouldn't take CB until round 3 or 4 at the earliest. Unless we trade down we are not taking one in round 1 and then at the top of round two, we need OL and WR more than CB right now IMO.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
our cornerbacks are
peterson 29
alford 31
trumaine brock 31
amerson 27

definitely is still a position they need to look at the draft

hopefully they dump brandon williams who is just useless

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This again ?

Better than going with a youth movement, like WR last year and ILB before that. Patch those holes with vets and see if the youth can beat them out.

BTW, last year I really don't believe that receivers like Tolliver and Sherfield beat out the vets they brought in, I think the coaching was so clueless that they decided to go with youth as the default. The final roster will be telling if Keim is the root of the problem, or if Wilks was soooo bad that he cost us any semblance of depth.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do like the two corners from Kentucky, Baity and Johnson. Baity probably will go early but both are good at press coverage, though lacking in the tackling department... they both do have great height and weight and fluid for their size and seem to match the defense we are gong to run

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This again ?

There has been a lot of talk about Keim and his drafting.

What else needs to be said other than there are SO MANY holes where there is not enough youth or young talent.

WR, TE, G, DL, ILB, CB

It gets old looking at the same positions trying to be fixed with the same methods and thinking the results are going to be any different.

From the signings alone, the Cardinals are setting themselves up for a draft full of offensive picks. Not a bad thing, but it is going to be tough watching another year and more cornerbacks and linebackers pass this organization by.
I think there were two ways to go. Load up on defense in free agency or the opposite. If we do take Murray I’ve been saying we NEED to load up on offense especially at the skilled position. A “ lid removing” wr is a must. Harry seems to be a guy that could replace Larry when he hangs them up . By that I mean a bigger wr that can win 50/50 balls. Then another one like Campbell, Hollywood Brown, Samuels or the other Ohio State wr McClarin(sp?).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy