The Dansby to Ray Lewis comparison

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn't looking quite as obvious today? Yesterday people commenting on Karlos failing to get LJ down on that pass play said "Ray Lewis would have levelled him there."

I assume you all saw Tatum Bell just completely overpower Lewis and drag him 6 yards for a first down on 3rd and 9 in a play that won the game for Denver?

Not excusing Dansby just as I was watching the game last night that immediately popped into my head.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn't looking quite as obvious today? Yesterday people commenting on Karlos failing to get LJ down on that pass play said "Ray Lewis of old would have levelled him there."

Fixed

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Actually it was on LJ TD that Dansby was stiff armed to the ground. As a matter of leverage, LJ got his arm out before Dansby could get a good hold on him. Good play by LJ. If Dansby dives for his knees instead of trying to make the sure tackle up high, he might take him down. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Actually it was on LJ TD that Dansby was stiff armed to the ground. As a matter of leverage, LJ got his arm out before Dansby could get a good hold on him. Good play by LJ. If Dansby dives for his knees instead of trying to make the sure tackle up high, he might take him down. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Yeah if LJ hadn't have gotten that arm there first, he would have been brought down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05