The First Power Appreciation post.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watching La Bamba tonight on Bravo brought me to the rememberance of how much The First Power was my movie! That was a good azz cult favorite type flick, and scared the hell outta me. My man was off the hook when he kept messing with Lou. "How's the stomach buddy boy?" This dude was jumpin off of buildings, crucifying cats under bridges, and pullin fans off the ceiling using it as a weapon! Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers how live this flick was? Definitely ahead of it's time!

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why Renz?? what didn't you like about it?? Not saying that I can't see that. It was a lil' campy. But I loved it!!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by phillycard
why Renz?? what didn't you like about it?? Not saying that I can't see that. It was a lil' campy. But I loved it!!
"Hate" is probably too strong a word. It was a long time ago when I saw it. I saw it when it first came out. When was that anyway?

At the time I remember thinking it was kind of cheesy. I don't think I thought it was very scary either. Maybe I should see it again.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that the one where Lou had to fight a levitating bag-lady? Classic. :cool:

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Behold the power of Lou Diamond Phillips! I especially loved how intimidated he was by a ceiling fan. To me this movie is like Dead Heat - a guilty pleasure of schlock video.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22