The future = Travis Diener

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why the suns have not even glanced in Diener's direction. The Magic are overload at the point and under Nash's wing could blossom into the next coming. Even if the pick up is a bust it would be a minor loss and well worth the gamble. He could steady the ship after this pointguard friendly franchise losses the canadian wonder. Thoughts?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He wouldn't blossom at the end of the bench. No way this guy would get any PT for the Suns.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People on here have been impressed with Denier since he was drafted. I wish the Suns had kept Sergio Rodriguez because he's been putting up great stats when Portland actually plays him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
People on here have been impressed with Denier since he was drafted. I wish the Suns had kept Sergio Rodriguez because he's been putting up great stats when Portland actually plays him.

These kids may turn into great pros but D'Antoni would never know because he wouldn't play any of them.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
D'Antoni played Jacobson, James Jones and Barbosa when they were both young, and neither of them necessarily played well until Barbosa this season.

This thing about coach not playing young players is getting out of control. When a young player shows that they have some potential (or are needed to fill the rotation like CJ) - then they are played.

Nash

Reaction score
where there is a Diener discussion, I have to jump in and agree. I saw him play for Marquette in the C-USA days and that kid used to single-handedly win games. He was a very good leader and nice team guy.

Some of us from here need to fly out to Orlando and talk them into initiating a Diener trade with the Suns.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes anyone think that the Phoenix Suns haven't even glanced in his direction?

Joe

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
He can shoot and dish. Just what we need. I say give up our own 1st round pick for him. It's going to be a low pick anyway and trade away Banks somehow.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Problem is, he can't even get playing time on Orlando who have HORRIBLE Point Guards, go to any Orlando board after every game you have many fans calling for Arroyos head. They want exactly the PG we are looking for in Diener but he never plays for them..

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He plays well in summer leagues, but when the big dogs hit the floor, he doesn't even get to sniff the court. There are alot of players that are good summer league producers.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
He plays well in summer leagues, but when the big dogs hit the floor, he doesn't even get to sniff the court. There are alot of players that are good summer league producers.

That was the knock on Salmons and LB until recently.

Seriously though, Rodriguez is two inches taller and 10 lbs heavier and D'A said HE was too small.

We could take a flyer on him for cheap in free agency I imagine

Last edited:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Deiner did get off the court for a pretty long stretch actually. He was even finishing most games, and performing really well.

Thats when the little buzz started about a lot of teams looking at him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He seems like a little high energy pg--an Elliot Perry or Frank Johnson type.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan