The Legend of Hercules

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Legend of Hercules

Release Date: January 10, 2014 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Summit Entertainment (Lionsgate)
Director: Renny Harlin
Screenwriter: Sean Hood, Daniel Giat
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of intense combat action and violence, and for some sensuality)

Starring: Kellan Lutz, Scott Adkins, Liam McIntyre, Liam Garrigan, Johnathon Schaech, Roxanne McKee, Gaia Weiss, Rade Serbedzija

Plot Summary: In the epic origin story "The Legend of Hercules," Kellan Lutz stars as the mythical Greek hero - the son of Zeus, a half-god, half-man blessed with extraordinary strength. Betrayed by his stepfather, the King, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back to his rightful kingdom. Through harrowing battles and gladiator-arena death matches, Hercules embarks on a legendary odyssey to overthrow the King and restore peace to the land.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. looks like direct to on demand garbage.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that the Trailer has me interested but not if this turns out to be another gladiator movie with just the name Hercules tied in.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
They've taken the legend of Hercules and turned him into a gladiator slave. PASS!

Saw it for fun and this is exactly what it was; a really bad version of Gladiator and basically no actual Hercules mythology at all.

In addition to terrible acting, very B-level effects and everything else that was wrong with it, Everything up to like 3/4 of the way through the movie was almost a shot-by-shot (really bad) remake of Gladiator.

He even found a friend in the slave pits and they made it their goal to fight their way back to Rome (oops I mean Greece) and avenge their families.

So bad, so so bad...