The long awaited,eagerly anticipated,sure to be changed mock draft 3.5

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Here's my latest version of what will happen on April 22-24. I plan setting a record for correct # of picks this year :devil:.
1. St.Louis- Sam Bradford: he's the pick, no doubt about it.
2. Detroit- Ndamakun Suh: they'll take a long look at Okung but Suh, like Calvin Johnson was, is too good a prospect to pass by.
3. Tampa Bay- Gerald McCoy: the top 3 picks are pretty mcuh set in stone. TB will be very happy with this pick.
4. Washington-Russell Okung: Clausen is a possibility here but he's just not woth the money and ranking to be the #4 overall pick. Okung steps in for Samuel and they don't miss a beat at LT.
5. KC-Trent Williams: this pick will be a Williams, either Trent or Dan. I'm going with the OT as they are a higher priority position. Plus Cody may available in round 2.
6. Seattle- CJ Spiller: kind of a surprise choice but Carroll wants to run the ball and he's the best prospect. He could've been available with the next 1st rounder but why gamble when you can grab him here.
7. Cleveland- Eric Berry: the Browns are building a nice secondary with Brown, Wright,and now Berry. This is a lock if he's there at 7.
8. Oakland- Bruce Campbell: i know it's too early but why would anybody expect Davis to change his way now. Al will look at his numbers and take him.
9. Buffalo- Brian Bulaga: alot of people have Clausen pegged here. Is he really any better a prospect than Trnet Edwards? No matter who the QB is, they need to protect him. Bulaga will start from day 1.
10. Jacksonville- Dez Bryant: you would think I'd have some inside info, and i may eventually, but i'm pretty sure this pick is between Bryant and Derrick Morgan. Bryant is the bigger need as i can't name 1 WR outside of Sims-Walker on their team.
11. Denver- Joe Haden: Haden is too good to pass on at this point and he could team with Champ Bailey. They need a CB seeing as Ty Law was on their roster last year and they addressed their DL need with the Jamal Williams and Jarvis Green additions.
12. Miami- Jason Pierre-Paul: this pick is between JPP, Dan Williams and Rolando McClain. JPP gives Parcells the athletic freak he likes to draft like Ware and LT.
13. SF- Jimmy Clausen: despite saying they like Smith and signing Carr, they can't pass on Clausen at this point. If he turns out as good as some think, it will be a steal. I hope they make this pick as it will give them 3 lousy QB's to choose from.
14. Seattle- Derrick Morgan: i was tempted to take Taylor Mays here because Carroll knows him and he knows Carroll's defense but Morgan fills a need and is a better player.
15. NY Giants- Dan Williams: DT is a huge area of need for the Giants and they are lucky Williams is sitting there for them. They'll look at a LB and i've read they really like Weatherspoon but Williams is the choice.
16. Tennessee- Brandon Graham: every mock i have seen has JPP going to the Titans. Well,he be gone and Graham is a nice plan B. McClain and Earl Thomas will also be heavily considered.
17. SF- Mike Iupati: the Niners get the OL they need. He'll start out at guard but has the size to possibly move out tackle in the near future. He'll be a great addition to the run game.
18. Pittsburgh- Maurkice Pouncey: they really wanted Iupati but Pouncey may be a better fit for them. He can take over for the overmatched Hartings and give the Steelers another long term anchor at the C position.
19. Atlanta- Sean Weatherspoon: word is that he taken over McClain as the top LB in the draft. Atlanta absolutely loves him. This pick may take all of 8 seconds to make.
20. Houston- Earl Thomas: it will be between Thomas and Kyle Wilson. Thomas is the better player and the hometown kid. He wins.
21. Cincinnati- Anthony Davis: it seems like the consensus is to pick Jermain Gresham here but i don't see it. They invested a pick on a pass catching TE in Chase Coffman last year. Davis is young and talented. He will turn out to be a nice bookend tackle to team with Andre Smith and give the Benglas to potentially great young OT's.
22. New England- Jared Odrick: i've read that they love his motor and atheltic ability. He will help offset the loss of Richard Seymour from last year. Kindle could also be in play here.
23. Green Bay- Kyle Wilson: they re-signed Chad Clifton and they can draft someone to be groomed later on. Wilson can step in for Al Harris and his injured ACL next year. Their secondary is getting up in age. Wilson injects some youth back there.
24. Philadelphia- Carlos Dulap: the Eagles need a DE and they may take a chance on Dunlap. If he's motivated, he's a beast. Everson Griffin could also be a choice here.
25. Baltimore- Jermaine Gresham: The Ravens continue to put offensive weapons around Flacco. McClain will be an option here but they don't want to break the hearts of all Cards fans and pick him 1 spot prior to the Cards pick.
26. THE ARIZONA CARDINALS- Rolando McClain: actually this is looking more and more viable. He's dropping and Spoon may have moved ahead of him. There's talk that his speed isn't good enough for an everydown LB as well. This is the same kind of stupidity and over-analysis that led to Beanie being there at 31.
27. Dallas- Charles Brown: the Cowboys draft the recently released Flozell Adams eventual replacement. I think Brown will turn out to be an elite LT and,if McClain is gone, would be a ncie option for the Cards at 26.
28. San Diego- Ryan Matthews: good player who fills a major hole. What more can you ask for? Jahvid Best may also get a look here. I still think they should trade for Marshawn Lynch.
29. NY Jets- Jerry Hughes: like i commented on the board draft, it's alla bout the pass rush with Rex Ryan and Hughes can bring it.
30. Minnesota- Devin McCourty: Cedric Griffin tore his ACL and Winfield was banged up all year. They need a CB and McCourty is a good one.
31. Indianapolis- Taylor Mays: Obviuosly the Colts can't count on Bob Sanders staying healthy. Mays could be a bigger Bob Sanders and would be an incredible addition the defense.
32. New Orleans- Sergio Kindle: I've had his name in for about 4 previuos picks but this is where he goes. The Saints are very fortunate to get a player of his caliber this late in round 1.

Cards other picks:

round 2: Sean Lee, ILB- The Cards have the their LB position addressed for years. If Brown and Davis turn out to be players then watch out for this defense down the road.
round 3a: Selvish Capers, OT- I'd love this pick here. He's a talented guy that needs to put on some bulk. Very athletic and could kick Keith to the inside. I also like John Jerry here.
round 3b: AJ Jefferson, CB- He's the kind of CB the Cards like to draft. A big, fast guy with a ton of upside. He's alot like DRC in size at 6'0 186 but ran a 4.43 and had a 44 in vertical.
round 4: Jonathon Crompton, QB- i think it will be ithe Crompton or Skelton here. They're both developmetal guys with alot of promise. This is about where the Cards will nab a young QB.
round 6: Al Woods, NT: his athletic numbers are off the chart for a guy his size. A 9 foot + broad jump shows leg strength and 37 reps shows upper body strength. He had a nice year but has been an overall disappointment at LSU.
round 7: Joe Webb, WR: Whiz drafts his latest QB to WR convert. Webbis incrediblt athletic but raw as a WR seeing he has only played 1 year at WR. Some other converted QB's have fared pretty weel and they all played for Whiz,Boldin, Randle-El, and Ward. Webb's big and fast at 6'3 223 and 4.43 40.

there you have it. Attack ,pick apart, blast away. But this is exaclty how the draft will unfold :mulli: :D.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Cbus well thought out mock wish good reasons why those players will be selected there. Here's some of my thoughts:

1) I just don't see the Niners going after Clausen even if he's there

2) I heard a Giants radio guy on NFL Network state the GMen will not pass McClain if he's there at #15. One reason is disagree with you're pick is because it worked last year with Beanie as I thought the Saints would draft him...cross your fingers & toes I'm wrong again :D

3) I heard in Dallas on radio 2 days ago that Jerry Jones is infactuated with Dez Bryant & wants to trade up to get him

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now were talkikng. I knew you could get McClain to us.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cbus, stop hurting yourself. You have to come to grips with the fact, that we're not going to get McClain. Beanie was the third RB (I believe) taken, and even if Weatherspoon is taken ahead of him, he's not falling to #26. He's not. And, while it's possible that we'll take a QB, in the fourth round, I think it's high for a third QB, who's not going to play for a few years. Too many defensive holes. Probably in the sixth or seventh. Overall, a great job.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long awaited by whom? :)

Oly

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing you're missing is the Redskins are going to make a trade with the Rams for the number one pick and take Bradford themselves so feel free to make your adjustments............:D

And somehow we get Mount Cody Now your set..........

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see us taking two ILBs with our first two picks. I wouldn't be opposed to it I just don't see it happening.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cbus, count me in with the McClain doesn't make it to #26 crowd, this is what I feel ARZ is going to do:

At #26 they will take OLB/DE Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle, who would give them a legit, young pass rusher who if Porter screws up again or can't justify his $6M a year salary either starts sooner rather than later.

I think ARZ packages one of their 3rd rounders and swaps 2nd rounders with some team within the first few picks in the 2nd round to tab Terrence Cody.

With the possibility of taking Spikes in Round #3 and other ILB's available in the later rounds I don't think ARZ takes an ILB in Round 1 unless McClain is there. Weatherspoon is a OLB in the 3-4. Only other possibilities would be to either take a CB or trade down.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I would love this if your mock especially the first 2 rounds came to fruition. We would likely have two instant starter on D and a better D than we had before without question IMO.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would love the mock. However, both of the first 2 picks seem EXTREMELY unlikely.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I love your first two rounds, Cbus, but I will PUKE if we take Crompton. I wouldn't even want us to sign him as an UDFA. He wasn't even an adequate college quarterback on a solid defensive team. Pass!

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Would love the mock. However, both of the first 2 picks seem EXTREMELY unlikely.
McClain may be a bit unlikely but I would be more surprised if Lee was gone. Also, here's a clip from a mock from Walterfootball, which is a pretty legit draft site.

You must be registered for see images attach
Baltimore Ravens: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
You must be registered for see images

McClain falls in my mock because not many teams need inside linebackers and his issue of Crohn's disease. Sean Weatherspoon is the best 4-3 inside linebacker in the 2010 NFL Draft; not McClain. Secondly, there are speed concerns with McClain and his overall range in the middle of the field. Inside linebacker isn't a big need in Baltimore, but this would be an EXCELLENT value pick for the Ravens and really solidify the linebacker position. Ray Lewis isn't getting any younger and he could use a successor.

So, i'm not way, way out on a limb.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I love your first two rounds, Cbus, but I will PUKE if we take Crompton. I wouldn't even want us to sign him as an UDFA. He wasn't even an adequate college quarterback on a solid defensive team. Pass!
Skelton, Crompton, Lefevour, etc. they're all pretty much the same to me. I agree with Shane that 4th round is early for a QB but that's about when i think they'll address it since they have no 5th rounder. I would be just as accepting with a guy like Kafka in the 7th.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
McClain may be a bit unlikely but I would be more surprised if Lee was gone. Also, here's a clip from a mock from Walterfootball, which is a pretty legit draft site.

McClain falls in my mock because not many teams need inside linebackers and his issue of Crohn's disease. Sean Weatherspoon is the best 4-3 inside linebacker in the 2010 NFL Draft; not McClain. Secondly, there are speed concerns with McClain and his overall range in the middle of the field. Inside linebacker isn't a big need in Baltimore, but this would be an EXCELLENT value pick for the Ravens and really solidify the linebacker position. Ray Lewis isn't getting any younger and he could use a successor.

I think Lee's stock is soaring right now with his solid workouts, smarts, and as he proves he is healthy. Oh well, difference of opinion. Thats what makes these things fun. But with your track record, I won't bet against you :) .

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not going to begrudege you a Ronlando McClain scenario, Cbus, but I think you're wrong on San Diego.

If Terrance Cody slides to San Diego, there's no way they're not taking him. They just released Jamal Williams and while they have some experienced guys on the roster at the NT position but were terrrible against the run (20th in the NFL in rushing; 24th in the NFL in avg. per rush). We all know that good RBs can be found in the later rounds of the draft, but starting NTs are a much harder get.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My issue is no punt returner either in the form of a nickle DB like Arenas or a 4th receiver like Shipley, and no Nose Tackle.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Keep in mind at this time last year we would have though there was NO WAY Maluagua of SC was going to be available by our pick, or if he was slipping, was not going to get by Baltimore who was looking to inject youth at that position. Yet we had a choice between him AND Beanie.

ILB's always slip and if Weatherspoon is really getting love as the first one off the board, we just might have that shot at McClain. I would still want to get his college teammate to be in front of him. Hell lets build the entire 2009 Alabama Defense with Rashad Johnson ballhawking in the back!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cbus, stop hurting yourself. You have to come to grips with the fact, that we're not going to get McClain. Beanie was the third RB (I believe) taken, and even if Weatherspoon is taken ahead of him, he's not falling to #26. He's not. And, while it's possible that we'll take a QB, in the fourth round, I think it's high for a third QB, who's not going to play for a few years. Too many defensive holes. Probably in the sixth or seventh. Overall, a great job.

I too agree that McClain will not last to 26....the speed deal will be totally overlooked...I will commend Cbus on some very thoughtful picks albeit some of these guys ain't gonna last either...but maybe we get lucky.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Here's my latest version of what will happen on April 22-24.

I would not be upset with that draft. I would change a few things but isn't that the point ? A million and one ways this thing will play out.

I like AJ Jefferson, but he might be a reach at 3. But he can return kicks as well, if I remember correctly.