The Swimming Pool

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I cant believe I let my GF drag me to this utter piece of crap! On top of that I actually was the one that paid :roll:

Dont waste your time or money on this piece of absolute garbage. As another guy said leaving the theatre "that independent movie was way too independent"

The only thing that was even close to making it bearable was all the skin you got to see of some fine young blonde french actress!

:bigyawn:

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Man I cant believe I let my GF drag me to this utter piece of crap! On top of that I actually was the one that paid :roll:

Dont waste your time or money on this piece of absolute garbage. As another guy said leaving the theatre "that independent movie was way too independent"

The only thing that was even close to making it bearable was all the skin you got to see of some fine young blonde french actress!

:bigyawn:

Why didn't you like the movie, specifically? Not challenging you, but I saw it, and found it pretty interesting....I am a pretty big fan of the smaller budget indie films, just because all the stuff from Hollywood is so stale. That girl is ridiculously hot too....

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Swimming Pool

Originally posted by ASUCHRIS
Why didn't you like the movie, specifically? Not challenging you, but I saw it, and found it pretty interesting....I am a pretty big fan of the smaller budget indie films, just because all the stuff from Hollywood is so stale. That girl is ridiculously hot too....

First and foremost I dont see how the swimming pool had to do anything with the plot line? So they took a dip in it several times they could have accomplished this movie without any of that. So the title is misleading IMO!

Secondly it was the slowest movie I have seen in years! It just drug on like no movie I have seen in a long time!

SPOILERS*******************************SPOILERS

What the heck was the point of the waiter standing by the pool in his speedos rubbing himself????

What the heck was up with the girl at the end of the movie that wasnt the hottie but was playing the daughter? What exactly was that? Its to open to interpretation IMO! Im assuming the hottie wasnt really the publishers daughter but I could be wrong. But then who the heck was she?

If it wasnt her then how come when she left a nasty message to her publisher, why didnt he call back and say my daughter isnt there????

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did the swimming pool have to do with the movie? Most of the central action of the movie revolved around the pool: the daughter's love of the pool, the freedom she felt from it, the writer's dislike of the pool, which changed once she lightened up. The killing of the guy also revolved around the pool.

The waiter standing by the pool was right before he did it with the french girl, it was just to accentuate the sexuality of the scene and movie. Most importantly, the girl at the end was the real daughter of the publisher. The writer, when she went to the house, transformed her world to fit her murder mystery novel, and changed his goofy adolescent daughter, into the ultra-sexy, ultra sensual french girl. That was the true message of the movie, that none of that stuff really happened, the writer was ultimately creating a fantasy, which she used for her next novel. Hopefully this helps you appreciate the movie differently....:thumbup:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope I still think it sucked! :D

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just saw this last night. Great film. It is a slow moving, but certainly not boring. Just deliberate.

Couple things: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I took from the entire film, (if you remember her first phone call home after arriving was the great story she came up with on the train and unless you watched the deleted scenes on the DVD this might not have been NEARLY as obvious)

The entire story about the daughter was made up. There was no hot daughter. There was a waiter, but he didnt come over, he wasjust woven into the writers imagination. Hence the weird scene with him standing over her rubbing one out while she twiddled her nugget.

That became apparent to me when back in England, she walks by the publishers real daughter and stops to compare her to the fictional daughter she created to write her book. A nice twist at the end. I enjoyed it.

The deleted scenes showed the author on the train, and she see the hot girl as a traveller, and she sees the gardener as a traveller on the train, and it becomes more apparent that those same characters, later on in the film were just figments of her imagination for use in developing her book. IM glad they were delted because they would have lessened the effect of her seing the publishers REAL daughter at the end, and would have made the whole twist less effective.

I really liked the film, and I REALLY like seeing that girl naked so much. Heh.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd

I really liked the film, and I REALLY like seeing that girl naked so much. Heh.

There was something that was so sexual about her, but in a somewhat perverse way....partially what made her so attractive

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22