The UDFA receiver is from Tulsa

dbcard74

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts on here trying to figure out who the Cardinals are bringing in as UDFAs. According to today's Tulsa World, which is the major paper in this part of Oklahoma, the receiver is Romby Bryant from the University of Tulsa. The story said he had already signed with the Cardinals.

I didn't bring the newspaper home, so I can't quote his stats, but they won't overwhelm anybody. Something like 50 catches for 750 yards. I'm sure some of the posters on here who are more computer savvy than me can call them up in a heartbeat from somewhere.

The story said Bryant is thought of as fast. I don't know if that means he's fast by Tulsa standards, or fast by NFL standards.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Career Notes
Two-year standout who provided the team with a great big-playmaker ... This dangerous open field runner excelled on deep routes, hauling in 96 passes for 1341 yards (14.0 avg) and 15 touchdowns in 25 games at Tulsa ... Added 21 yards on ten carries (2.1 avg), 64 yards on five kickoff returns (12.8 avg) and also had three punt return for 65 yards ... Came to the Golden Hurricane from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, where he caught 31 passes for 562 yards (18.1 avg) and three scores ... For his collegiate career, he amassed 1903 yards with 18 touchdowns on 127 receptions (15.0 avg).

Analysis
Positives: Long-legged athlete with big hands and a very tight, well-defined and muscular frame ... Has the long arms and leaping ability needed to extend for the ball in traffic ... Shows a smooth, easy stride releasing off the line ... Gets into second gear almost instantly and has that explosive burst in his cuts ... Sinks his hips properly at the break point and makes quick adjustments tracking the ball in flight ... Makes a solid effort to come back for the poorly thrown pass and shows fearlessness going over the middle.

Negatives: Needs to show more consistency in his sudden movements off the line ... Has some gather and roundness to his pattern running, but explodes once he builds to top speed ... Looks a little awkward and uncomfortable settling in vs. zone coverage ... Still needs to gain better field awareness, especially in drive blocking situations, as he tends to get in the way of the running game while attempting to block upfield ... While he has a good short burst, he does not maintain that acceleration, which allows defenders to recover.

Injury Report

None

Campus Agility Tests
4.38 in the 40-yard dash (indoor track) ... 4.47 in the 40-yard dash (outdoors) ... 4.23 20-yard shuttle ... 7.13 three-cone drill ... 35.5-inch vertical jump ... 9'9" broad jump.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He was at the combine, 4.47 and 35.5 vertical (nothing special on the vertical. I saw Tulsa and he didn't catch my eye, but they had an up and down season.