Think positive...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A quit note about Dragic, does anyone not remember Nash's first year here, 2 MVP'S later everyone forgot how horrible he was. Devolopment is key.

Everyone here is talking about the future sucking. is getting a little tired. I started reading posts here before the Marbury experiment failed, we were close with Mr. Pringle but not quite and I think that has set alot of slighty-above-casual fan reaction. Give it time, be a fan, and have faith. It took David Robinson exagerating an injury for a year before they started to develop their dynasty.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
yeah it is not the end of the world if we dont make the playoffs this year.
Kerr might give this team another shot next season b/c Amare was out most of the time. Everyone seems to be happy to play and that is important :)

cly2tw

Reaction score
As long as Nash dominates the ball, we are going nowhere.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
As long as Nash dominates the ball, we are going nowhere.

yeah actually I think LB could develop into a good combo guard.
But right now the Front Office is too much in love with Nash who will probably stay here until retirement, unless Kerr trades him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Admittedly I am critical of Dragic, but I understand that the transition from Euro ball to the NBA is a difficult one. He's playing against a much more talented group of players. Also, he is still very young. Give him a year or two and he'll become something speicial (I think)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It took David Robinson exagerating an injury for a year before they started to develop their dynasty.

But they didn't trade away all their first round picks for cash. If the Suns stink next year and get the first pick Tim Duncan will be going to OKC.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best case scenario. Sarver sells the Suns or fires Kerr. Everything starts at the top.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Best case scenario. Sarver sells the Suns or fires Kerr. Everything starts at the top.

Best case scenario: one of the Colangelos comes back to help make decisions for this team.

Pipedream...I know

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
Admittedly I am critical of Dragic, but I understand that the transition from Euro ball to the NBA is a difficult one. He's playing against a much more talented group of players. Also, he is still very young. Give him a year or two and he'll become something speicial (I think)

I don't really think the players skill or talent is so much worse in Europe. There are quite a lot of NBA caliber (or close) players playing in Europe and leages here are alos quite competitive.
Its the game that is different. NBA is alot more physical and a lot more 1 on 1 oriented. Basketball court is bigger in the NBA. So yeah, its not so easy to adjust and it deffinetely takes time.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Thinking positive...

Sarver could fire Kerr in the next day or so.

Sarver could find someone to buy the team... preferably an oil sheik that has billions and just wants an American team that can win at any cost.

David Stern could rig the lottery balls and have the Suns come out with the number one or two pick in this year's draft.

Steve Nash could start defending someone... we could start with small steps, like say, defending my Grandmother, then my aunt... eventually getting to a 3rd string WNBA point guard.

The Celtics, Lakers, Cleveland, San Antonio, etc... may decide to cut their two best players each in the off-season.

The top three teams in the West could move to the Eastern Conference.

... just trying to stay positive.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Thinking positive...

Sarver could fire Kerr in the next day or so.

Sarver could find someone to buy the team... preferably an oil sheik that has billions and just wants an American team that can win at any cost.

David Stern could rig the lottery balls and have the Suns come out with the number one or two pick in this year's draft.

Steve Nash could start defending someone... we could start with small steps, like say, defending my Grandmother, then my aunt... eventually getting to a 3rd string WNBA point guard.

The Celtics, Lakers, Cleveland, San Antonio, etc... may decide to cut their two best players each in the off-season.

The top three teams in the West could move to the Eastern Conference.

... just trying to stay positive.

Monkeys could fly out of my butt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best case scenario: one of the Colangelos comes back to help make decisions for this team.

Pipedream...I know

Yes, I've entertained this fantasy myself. It would probably take JC helping BC form an ownership group to buy the Suns. It's not that suddenly everything would be all right with the Suns but at least I know that such a new ownership would care about the best interests of the Suns. Also it would be fantastic to get a competent GM to run the franchise.

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
Lets bench Nash and Shaq. Let Barbosa, Jrich, and others just learn how to be "the man".

Focus on youth now. We are done. Amare going down was the nail...imo.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
^ yeah lets bench our 2 best players and just tank and not even try to make the playoffs...clearly you never played competitive sports. You do the best you can with what you got and let the chips fall where they fall period.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ yeah lets bench our 2 best players and just tank and not even try to make the playoffs...clearly you never played competitive sports. You do the best you can with what you got and let the chips fall where they fall period.

I'm not a believer in tanking but once the Suns are out of the playoff picture I'm all for giving players like Dragic, Lopez, Amundson, Dudley,Tucker and maybe even Swift a lot of playing time. The Suns pretty much know what they have in the other players so let's see who might be a part of the Suns future among the marginal players.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
...clearly you never played competitive sports.

Its called draft picks, you should ask the spurs about it. They have this guy called Tim Duncan. They got him by losing a lot of games.

Honestly, what the hell is with people being so obsessed over getting a #8 playoff seed? What is the point?

The best way to punish Sarver is by taking away the extra revenue of a playoff series.

The best way to punish suns fans is to watch us lose to the lakers 4-0 when we are an 8th playoff seed with no chance whatsoever to jump up a few numbers in the draft lottery.

Which one would you chose? It is pretty easy choice for anyone with any common sense whatsoever.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
It is too late to tank the season, even if we lose all the games left, we won't be able to get close to those worst teams. In reality, it is likely we will trade Amare for a top 5 pick at draft night.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is too late to tank the season, even if we lose all the games left, we won't be able to get close to those worst teams. In reality, it is likely we will trade Amare for a top 5 pick at draft night.

I'm thinking Amare's eye injury may not be fully healed for a draft night trade.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking Amare's eye injury may not be fully healed for a draft night trade.

Eye injury is not basketball related, it is not knee or bone, it is not career ending. Of course unless he lost that eye completely, which is unlikely. He can wear goggle or mask for the rest of his career, like many others before him. We will have him examed thoroughly by the most professionals and let all know the result. We'll let the trade partner exam him by their own doctors when the negotiation reach that stage. So it won't be a problem.

Buy low is a rule for business, our asking price has dropped. We were asking for 1 lottery pick plus 1 young talent. Now probably settled for either of them. By draft night, a haven't fully-recovered but looking good Amare, for 1 top 5 pick in a not so hot class, plus salary releif, sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

Also, draft pick is risky itself. In most of classes, more than half of the top 10 are dust. Trade for Amare is actually a safer gamble.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eye injury is not basketball related, it is not knee or bone, it is not career ending. Of course unless he lost that eye completely, which is unlikely. He can wear goggle or mask for the rest of his career, like many others before him. We will have him examed thoroughly by the most professionals and let all know the result. We'll let the trade partner exam him by their own doctors when the negotiation reach that stage. So it won't be a problem.

I don't know what to say. :shock:

Amare has a serious eye injury that hopefully will heal properly but it appears to have damaged several areas of the eye. It will take considerable time to heal without agitation. I also understand he might need more surgery. Right now I just want Amare to get well.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention goggles or glasses can only protect him from getting poked. If he gets jarred hard in the head it can still damage a fragile optic nerve. Just think of the HUGE liability it would be to have one eye in the NBA. He would be getting balls bounced off his head constantly.

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score

That's just a difference of opinion. Dragic > Nash. I will take potential over what I am seeing in Nash. He is turning it in. Know that.

As far as Shaq. Who cares. I want to see what we have. Give these players serious minutes. Let Barbosa and JRich be the "go to guys". I think in the long run it would make us a better team.

I play sports maaaaaan.

I'm not a believer in tanking but once the Suns are out of the playoff picture I'm all for giving players like Dragic, Lopez, Amundson, Dudley,Tucker and maybe even Swift a lot of playing time. The Suns pretty much know what they have in the other players so let's see who might be a part of the Suns future among the marginal players.

Exactly.

I want to see Amare and JRich teamed up with a young point gaurd. Give them a few years with the right mix. If we are rebuilding, keep Stat and JRich and make a run at the "missing piece" in 2010. Stat will keep us competitive, IMO. As long as he keeps the f'n goggles on!

DO NOT TRADE AMARE!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05