Tim Donaghy's Wife: "It's going to be a while..."

4 Rings

Reaction score
I wonder if the delay in arresting him is because the Feds believe others are involved with Donaghy? Actually, I hope there are more refs involved as this will guarantee substantial change in the NBA. If it is only Donaghy, I can see Stern slowly sweeping all this under his dirty carpet and business as usual next season with his sorry refs.

You must be registered for see images

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08032007...an_in_n_y_.htm

August 3, 2007 -- The wife of disgraced NBA referee Tim Donaghy says "it's going to be a while" before he travels to Brooklyn, where he is expected to plead guilty to federal crimes related to his gambling on hoops games.

Kim Donaghy's remarks, made to reporters staking out her home in Bradenton, Fla., supports earlier claims that federal authorities are taking their time to make sure their probe of Tim Donaghy is thorough.

That probe is examining Donaghy's connections to a betting ring in his native Pennsylvania, alleged dealings with New York mobsters, and his possibly influencing the outcomes of games he worked.

Donaghy, 40, had been expected to surrender last week in Brooklyn in the case, which has rocked the National Basketball Association. But those plans were suspended after The Post broke news of the probe, igniting a media firestorm and prompting prosecutors to hold off on bringing Donaghy into Brooklyn federal court.

Since then, reporters have waited outside Donaghy's house, where the now-former referee has been secluded.

Occasionally, Donaghy has abruptly opened and closed his garage door, and screamed from inside the house to tease reporters.

"He's not coming out of the house. You're not going to get a statement, or a photograph," Kim Donaghy told reporters after approaching them in Linkster's, a local bar where she was playing pool with girlfriends, on Wednesday night. "His lawyer said, 'Don't leave the house.' "

"It's going to be a while" before Tim goes to Brooklyn, she said.

Kim has complained to friends that the media attention has forced her and her children to sleep in another house since the scandal exploded.

Her home now is for sale. Several prospective buyers toured it yesterday.

Meanwhile, The Post has learned that FBI agents investigating Tim Donaghy have asked a potential witness what he knows about three of Donaghy's pals and acquaintances.

The feds' stated interest in those Pennsylvania residents - James Battista, Peter Ruggieri and Thomas Martino - supports reports that authorities suspect one or more of them was involved in Donaghy's betting on basketball. Their suspected roles remain unclear.

On Tuesday, FBI agents questioned for three hours a Pennsylvania man who knows Donaghy but is not suspected of being involved in the gambling.

But at the end of the interview, the G-men asked the man whether he knew Battista, Ruggieri or Martino. When he said he did not, the agents ended the interview.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Bruno Kirby died.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF is that picture? Here's his Bruno Kirby (nickel to abomb) looking wife holding a big, mangy dog. Dog looks scared, keeping an eye out for the inevitable whack.

That picture is stupid for that story.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, the dog's name is ZoZo. Shoot me now; its the only way to get that knowledge out of my head.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruno might want to get a dress that fits.

(I enjoyed typing that odd sentence.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05