Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to fix the NBA playoffs
Jun. 13, 2007 | feedback

We'll remember the 2007 NBA playoffs for seven reasons:

1. LeBron's 48 Special.
2. Oakland's dynamic crowds and Dallas' collapse during the Warriors-Mavs series.
3. The Stoudemire/Diaw suspensions and subsequent fallout.
4. May 22.
5. The day Kobe went schizo on us.
6. The greatest Spurs team of the Duncan era; and ...
7. A dreadful Finals that was so predictable and plodding, fans were much more interested in trade talk and draft speculation.

Now, I've already written about 1 through 6 (see the corresponding links). But No. 7 has to be one of the weirdest subplots in recent sports history. We've reached a point with the NBA when its offseason somehow became more interesting than its actual season. I have no idea what this means. I have no idea how to interpret this information. For whatever reason, people are more interested in figuring out how the Suns will win the 2008 title over how the Spurs are winning the 2007 title. They're more interested in wondering what the Celtics will do with the No. 5 pick versus the Duncan/Parker battle for Finals MVP. They're more interested in figuring out how Cleveland will find help for LeBron in 2008 than the help he's getting right now.

Rest of the article here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think that it's the product more than the system.

Last years seeding were crazy, but I don't mind this one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05