Reaction score
Remember....

You must be registered for see images

Remember....

You must be registered for see images attach

Remember the knee to the nuts....

Enough!

This is the match up I wanted for the playoffs.

One more shot at a team as dirty as their town. One more chance for the Suns to pick themselves up and smack the bully in the mouth.

Leave Duncan and his phony "I never foul face" in the rear view mirror.

Leave Ginoboli flopping like fish on the court

And leave Parker to continue this sad charade with his wife when we all know the truth...

**** the prize. Eyes on the Spurs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it wouldn't be the playoffs if we didn't face the Spurs.

4th time's a charm!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
YES YES YES

I am freaking stoked. This is the perfect playoff scenario.

**** you San Antonio! Time to break out the old school San ANtonio SUCKS Gear!!!!!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I don't even want this team to advance to the Finals UNTIL they beat the Spurs. This is the matchup I want, but it's the matchup I fear....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am so psyched. Playing the Spurs in the 2nd round WITH home court advantage.

Bring em on!!

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even want this team to advance to the Finals UNTIL they beat the Spurs. This is the matchup I want, but it's the matchup I fear....

I don't agree with the fear at all. This team can play many styles. It isn't just a sports car in a demolition derby.

I do agree that this is the only way I want a big run, right over the lunar craters that make up Popovich's face.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Timmy's new sponsor

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I really hate the Spurs. I can honestly say I hate them more than the Lakers, Niners, Dodgers, and Wilburs of the world. I cant wait, this party is jsut getting started.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sir, I have never gotten a technical for showing up an official. Now can you please pass me my bottle.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score

Oh TImmy baby, I wont let you lose, dont worry.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be prepared for this:

Attachments

• Baby copy.jpg
    Baby copy.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,476

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes!!!

One more shot to defeat that team! I honestly don't know how to think about the series as far as our chances are concerned and felt more confident in 2007 surely.

But playing the Sterns is just special. The message board comes to life and you feel the excitement even across the Pacific! Beating them would mean so much, and hey - the Suns don't have anything to lose. They could finally get past their nemesis. And if they don't (IF... of course, they will!!!), nothing would have changed, really. If you look back in a few years, it won't matter whether the Sterns won 4 or 5 series.

Let's have a quick reminder of how the last decade Suns vs Spurs turned out:

2003 Spurs won 4-2 in Round 1. Amar'e was a rookie, and Stephon Marbury was our point guard. Phoenix was clearly out-matched and required the magic of buzzer beaters by Amar'e, Marbury and Jake Voskuhl to win two games.

2005 Spurs won 4-1 in Conference Final. Phoenix had possible the best regular season in franchise history, recorded a 33-4 start and finished with 62 wins while becoming the love of every neutral basketball fan. Nash won the MVP, Barbosa was 6th MoY, and the All Star Game was all about Phoenix. After easily dispatching Memphis, Nash proved why he was the MVP with a stellar performance against Dallas. Joe Johnson was missed dearly against San Antonio, and although Phoenix competed well in most games, San Antonio were just better. Amar'e had a special series with 35ppg and will be remembered for that block against Duncan in game 4.

2007 Spurs won 4-2 in Round 2. The Suns had home court advantage but started with having bad luck in game one. Nash's bleeding nose couldn't be fixed, and the Spurs took the game. After Phoenix blow the Spurs out in game 4, the Horry incident happened. Without Amar'e and Diaw (yes, he was actually an important part of the team at that point), Phoenix was doomed. The nearly pulled out an unlikely win but in the end, it wasn't enough. The series were the most important of the season, and San Antonio had an easy time to claim the title afterward. Game 3 might have been the worst refereed game in ages, and the involvement of Tim D (the other one) made the loss even worse than it already was.

2008 Spurs won 4-1 in Round 1. Phoenix finally had the right piece to counter the Spurs - 'I-match-up-well-with-these-guys-and-win-championships-when-angry'-Shaq. They had no answer to Duncan's three in game one, and I don't remember too much of the rest of the series. Both teams weren't contenders that year, and Phoenix just were a team that seemed to have lost its spirit.

2010 What is different? Duncan's age finally seems to show, and neither him nor Parker seem the most worrying player out there. The great flopper is playing great ball and will give Phoenix trouble. SA also has George Hill playing fantastic. The Suns on the other hand have two things they missed in previous encounters with SA: Defense and a bench (or a coach willing to use it, anyway).
The Spurs had the clear tendency to stay with our shooters, and this will put even more pressure on Amar'e and Steve. However, J-Rich will need to find other ways to get involved in our offense, and a lot will depend on Lopez, too.

Oh, let's get it started already!

GO SUNS!!!!!

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Popavich knows the suns best and he said earlier this year that this is the best suns team hes faced which i believe..

Bottom line: Duncans not an offensive threat so no double teams, parker cant even surpass george hill, ginobili is going to get locked down by GHIll and Dudley..whos going to beat PHX? Matt BoNneR??- what a goo0f

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh $hit , here we go!

Things i like going into this series:
-No Bruce Bowen
-No D'Antoni
-having Goran in the backcourt
-having Amare in the frontcourt
-no excuses for playing uninspired basketball

Things i don't like:
-pwnage is HARD to overcome
-we're still going to be small
-we're facing a team that wants to get stops,get physical.
-the Popovich factor

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The irony of this series loss for dallas is that it wasn't the same ol' soft mavs. I'm in awe somewhat to hear NBA players like Chris Webber calling the mavs soft and putting it on dirk again....talking about his days of playing the mavs and dirk which was almost a decade ago? If anything dirk and his mavs were as physical as they've ever been in this series. Dirk broke ginobili's nose on a play that he got a and 1 while being doubled. that's soft? there were hard flagrant fouls and hard fouls throughout. As someone else pointed out on every play there was heavy questionable contact and the officials were terrible at controling the game and keeping it even for both teams. Dirk and other mavericks relentlessly attacked the basket. In this game 6 they just didn't get rewarded for it at the FT line like SA did.

Having said that you can't blame the officials for this series loss. You have to blame the mavericks, their coaching, and their backcourt. Parker, Hill, and Ginobili pooped on jason kidd and jason terry. Kidd and Terry were relied on heavily by dallas to score at least 25 points per game all year long. They were absent. Since the experts can't seem to get it right I will point it out to them. In the playoffs it is all about dribble penetration in the halfcourt set. When the easy transition buckets and wide open shots dwindle, you have to attack the paint with your either your guards or your bigs. The mavs did it with their bigs, but their guards could not get into the paint finish and create open shots like the spurs guards did all series long.

For the suns this will be the key. I feel they have a better shot than dallas because of steve nash. Amare is a matchup problem for the spurs just as dirk was...for different reasons...but should net the same results as far as points go. If nash can get the other suns wide open looks(unlike what the dallas guards failed to do) then the suns can win this series. They just have to be tough, physical, and keep their composure. That is were they have failed in years past against the spurs.

Last edited:

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
We have to come out in game 1 and B*tch slap the Sh*t out of SA.

We have to send a message in game 1. We lose on Monday, and i don't think we'll recover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05