Trade for T.Owens, why not?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know this is an insane idea but my understanding is that the draft is a crap shoot to begin with. Trade our number 1, #2, #4 and next years #1 to the niners for Owens. Maybe, even do a trade like this for Marvin Harrison. Then give Jeff Blake an offer (yes AN OFFER!!!) he could not refuse. Just a frustrated Cardinal fan who has lost his marbles and Graves has yet to given them back.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pick up those marble Jet....TO is very, very good but not worth that much. We have way too many holes to fill. We need every draft pick we can get.

Also, other than a first rounder, all our draft picks are cheap. Alot cheaper than any FA. So, get used to drafting our players. Graves wants the young guys to play. He will let LJ walk when the time comes. He dumped Grutts... Let go of Boston. Waits to until FAs are out the door two days before even making an offer. and on, and on, and on.

Lassiter will be gone, Martay will be gone..

But we got the young guys. And if they turn out to be any good then they will leave because we don't want to make anyone a millionaire.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jetstream Green
I know this is an insane idea but my understanding is that the draft is a crap shoot to begin with. Trade our number 1, #2, #4 and next years #1 to the niners for Owens.

LMAO thats is the most ridiculous proposal I have ever heard sorry!

Two #1s and a 2 and a 4 for another Headcase(albeit talented) WR????

Let me think anout that for a sec??? UMMM NO!

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories coming soon...... "Cardinals are a farm team" and "Bidwill takes private donations from NFL"
" Bengals being investigated as well"

What other possible explanation could there be????????

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't knw about he cost but at least TO is a clean, uninjured head case who has been to more than 1 pro bowl

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
I don't knw about he cost but at least TO is a clean, uninjured head case who has been to more than 1 pro bowl

And he still isnt worth 2 #1s a 2 and a 4 LMAO!

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
O.K. I found some rocks

They are not marbles but they will do for now. I'm going to paint them and put goggly eyes on them and call one Jake and one David and take them with me where ever I go. Better yet, when I get off of work I'll have a stout Irish beer or 12 so at least I can see my marbles.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duh,

I said "I don't know about the cost"

Reading is a wonderful thing

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Pick up those marble Jet....TO is very, very good but not worth that much. We have way too many holes to fill. We need every draft pick we can get.

Also, other than a first rounder, all our draft picks are cheap. Alot cheaper than any FA. So, get used to drafting our players. Graves wants the young guys to play. He will let LJ walk when the time comes. He dumped Grutts... Let go of Boston. Waits to until FAs are out the door two days before even making an offer. and on, and on, and on.

Lassiter will be gone, Martay will be gone..

But we got the young guys. And if they turn out to be any good then they will leave because we don't want to make anyone a millionaire.

He's the first one to sign several guys in the same year before their current contract expires in Cardinal history and you still come up with that statement?

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait till they become UFAs. Then they will fly the coop.

The only reason we keep them around is because they work for cheap.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this is an insane idea
Yup, it is.

He's too high-maintenance. Tell you what - If SF offered us T. O. and two draft picks, I'd turn it down - unless we were allowed to cut him on the spot.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bump for an early Thanksgiving.

OT: reading the oldest stuff is fun!