Trade Proposal

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im new to this board but have been reading it for a while now.

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on a trade idea I have-

I was thinking that maybe it would be better to make a run at McGrady instead of Kobe. It seems McGrady is more ready to jump ship than Kobe is considering McGrady has already left once thru free agency.

Im thinking maybe a trade of shareef and theo for googs/mcdyess and marion would work for us since we'd get expiring contracts the summer McGrady is a free agent (This is going off of hoopshype's salaries). I know theres probably trade kickers and BYC involved which i havent really accounted for. Maybe sending white to utah in the trade with new yorks 2005 pick and/or cav's pick would make it work.

Atlanta might do it since they could build around marion while having the expiring contracts of googs/mcdyess and terrell brandon to play with.

for us, we could try shareef at SF and we'd have a starting line-up of:
Vujanic, JJ, Shareef, Amare, Ratliff.

we could draft a SF this draft and give him and lampe 2 years to develop while we have shareef and ratliff. So even if shareef and ratliff dont work out, we'll have others developing to take their place and ultimately be trying to get McGrady when shareef/ratliff become free agents.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Suns would never play with a line up that big. :D

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't really comment on this proposal because I don't see any way that the Hawks make that deal. They get lots of offers for Ratliff every day. Shareef Abdur-Rahim a high scoring PF who rebounds well. He is expensive, but they are not going to trade for an SF with a really long contract and less impressive statistics.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the message board... even though you've already been around for a while.

I think George is right. It's not a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure Atlanta would want more than just expiring contracts and Shawn Marion.

I would actually prefer Tracy McGrady over Kobe Bryant, but McGrady's bad back scares me to death. His next contract is going to be a whopper. The Phoenix Suns cannot afford to give him huge money only to have him chronically injured.

Joe Mama

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
The Phoenix Suns cannot afford to give him huge money only to have him chronically injured.

Joe Mama

*shiver*

Boy, does that sound familar. :eek:

BTW
Welcome Mad Psyentist. :wave:

OP
OP
M

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
Well...i guess now that theo/shareef got traded to portland for expiring contracts, this trade doesnt look all that bad. Heck, I think we couldve offered more.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mad Psyentist
Well...i guess now that theo/shareef got traded to portland for expiring contracts, this trade doesnt look all that bad. Heck, I think we couldve offered more.

Some of it was just timing. The Suns could not include McDyess along with Goods in a combo deal because he had not been with the team long enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05