Uh oh Pasch just broke the "Cardinal rule"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He dared to question if the Cards problems are connected to "discord" on the coaching staff. Specifically pointed out the demotion of Rowen, mentioned the Ravens doing it too. THen said he thinks they're going to seriously re-evaluate the entire staff but doubts anything will happen until after the season.

he basically just said, this staff sucks, Green shouldn't have demoted Rowen, they should all be fired. And that shows me he's confident enough that he thinks he can say that and not worry about being accused of being negative, because he knows damn well Green has dug his own grave.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Maybe Pasch doesn't care if he is doing games for a different team next year either? Losing sucks.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have to say that this is the worst Cardinals team I have ever seen. Sorry to say they are probably the most talented also.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that this is the worst Cardinals team I have ever seen. Sorry to say they are probably the most talented also.

Edge is the best running back we've had in about 20 years.
Leinart is already 1 of the best QBs we've had in a long, long time.
We've never had a WR tandem like Fitz and Boldin.
Bergen and Pope aren't stars but are decent. When was the last time the Cardinals even had that?

None of that talent matters with the OL being so bad. Our RBs have nowhere to go, QB has no time to throw and without to ability to let plays develope our WRs are stuck running quick slants while bracketed by defenders.

Our defense would look a lot better if the offense was doing it's job.

So much talent...

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Edge is the best running back we've had in about 20 years.
Leinart is already 1 of the best QBs we've had in a long, long time.
We've never had a WR tandem like Fitz and Boldin.
Bergen and Pope aren't stars but are decent. When was the last time the Cardinals even had that?

None of that talent matters with the OL being so bad. Our RBs have nowhere to go, QB has no time to throw and without to ability to let plays develope our WRs are stuck running quick slants while bracketed by defenders.

Our defense would look a lot better if the offense was doing it's job.

So much talent...
Our CB's suck.

artp

Registered
Reaction score

Considering the talent and the hype, this is the worst Cardinal team I have seen in 42 yrs. I am a 100% Leinart fan, but he has done nothing so far to indicate he's one of the best two QB's we've had in a long long time. I think a statement like that is indicative of the problem with us fans (myself included). We try to win games on paper.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
He dared to question if the Cards problems are connected to "discord" on the coaching staff. Specifically pointed out the demotion of Rowen, mentioned the Ravens doing it too. THen said he thinks they're going to seriously re-evaluate the entire staff but doubts anything will happen until after the season.

he basically just said, this staff sucks, Green shouldn't have demoted Rowen, they should all be fired. And that shows me he's confident enough that he thinks he can say that and not worry about being accused of being negative, because he knows damn well Green has dug his own grave.

I always beleive that by listening to the home team radio guys, you get a perspective on what management is thinking

You are exactly right Russ in that Pasch is only echoing what ownership is thinking

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was screaming this the whole game. How can a team with this much talent be this bad?

The season is lost. Fire everyone. Who gives a crap?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team is playing without any emotion,guts or hearts. This team is not fun to watch and in the 15 years of following them this is the worst team I have watched just because there is no way this is a 1-8 team. The end of the season can't come fast enough, so Dennis Green can finally get fired. How does this offense only score 10 points?

Tim

Reaction score
Dave Pasch is one of the most talented professionals involved with this organization. He is very good at what he does, and I am glad that he is starting to get recognition for it (lots of ESPN work - football and basketball). He is able to make these kinds of comments because he A: is correct and B: has a lot of value in the open market.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Pasch is one of the most talented professionals involved with this organization. He is very good at what he does, and I am glad that he is starting to get recognition for it (lots of ESPN work - football and basketball). He is able to make these kinds of comments because he A: is correct and B: has a lot of value in the open market.

And C, because he knows full well that nobody in their right mind would disagree. If things weren't an utter disaster, Pasch might be worried someone would think he was being negative, but now, who could possibly object?

Note, Pasch didn't say Green sucks and should be fired, he just politely pointed out there's "discord" that demoting rowen hasn't worked, and that it would appear that the Cards would be reevaluating the performance of its coaching staff.