VOTE for who you want to bring in from out of town:

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Guess the poll opetion is disabled so we'll have to do this the old fashion way. Anyhow, here are your out of towners and their messages, feel free to vote for whomever you wish:

1) Pariah
I don't have a very compelling case as to why I should be chosen as the lucky out of towner, other than the fact I'M GOING FRIGGIN STIR CRAZY stuck in the house with the wife and kid. Being a new father I'm having a hard time adjusting to the loss of freedom associated with the responsibility.

Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and kid, but I gotta get out, man!

Also, I'd be very liberal with the bar tab if I'm given a free ride to a game!

Anyway, great idea. Someone's going to really appreciate this community even more than they already do.

Go Cards!

-Jason (Pariah)

2) Stout

1-I'm an actor. We're poor and downtrodden on so many levels, it's unreal.

2-I'm a grad student, which means I don't have time for a full-time, or usually even a part-time job. (My degree is in Shakespeare, too, which makes #1 even worse)

3-I'm a die-hard, as anyone on here can attest. I may get doomy and gloomy at times, but always get behind the team (I've been to 2 games in Philly, wore full gear, and screamed my head off)

4-I'm a helluva lot of fun. I know how to party, I have a great sense of humor, and I can be laid back or flat-out wild, situation dictating.

5-My handle...Stout. I mean, Guinness, man. How can you NOT vote for someone named after Guinness???

3) DBACH1
I live in St. Petersburg, Florida and I have never had the chance to see a live Cardinal game and I've always had to go down the road to a sports bar on Sundays to watch the game. I am only 17 years old so I cant say I've been a diehard fan for 20-30 years like most of you are able to say, but when I get the chance to I support my Cards in a town full of Buccaneer fans! I've even gone to a Buc game wearing a Cardinal hat! I would love the chance to go out to Arizona and watch a game but I know how expensive it can be and I dont think my minimum wage job could possibly pay for everything to make it to a game. I may not have very many posts here, but that doesn't show my support for the Cards. I love the Cards win or lose till I die. Too bad that Cardinal- Buc game is being played over there this year, I would love to see that game!

4) KAZ
Hello from Bend, Oregon.

I was born in St. Louis in '69.

Moved around quite a bit and landed with a wife and two kids in Bend, Oregon.

Saw the Cards play Seattle in Seattle last year.

My wife is gracious enough to tolerate me sending the email.

Making to a real Cardinal game in the heart of Arizona would be awesome, but as a middle-school teacher...I take my profession very serious.

I doubt I could make a game, but it is the thought that you guys are willing to make it happen that is amazing.

Kale aka KAZ

5) CaliforniaCard
Great Idea man, this community is awesome.

Having grown up watching Tilman and the Cards in Az, and then from afar in the Airforce, I was never prouder of my team than when he decided to enlist in the Army. After he was killed in action the Tillman shirts we're my way of attempting to extend that pride to as many people as possible. Now I would love nothing more then to be return home and experience that pride once again in the final tribute to his life and service at the home opener.

6) denverbirdfan
I'll take a shot at it! I'm 26 and I live in Denver. I grew up watching the Cards in St. Louis where my Dad had 2 season tickets at Busch Stadium. I was 10 when they left, but I still remember idolizing Roy Green and Neil Lomax and the Birds. When they left, I really didn't follow many teams until I went to school at Arizona State and rekindled the love affair. My buddy and I would go to every home game - usually at halftime by using a ticket stub of someone who left and finding "readmittance" passes in the trash cans surrounding the stadium (apparently now you need a stamp to get back in). I lived in Tempe from 1996 to 2002 and missed only a couple of games. 1998 was magical - and seeing the stands full on Monday night in '99 was an awesome feeling. I have a baby girl on the way in a few weeks and won't be getting out much after that. So a trip to PHX and a Cards game would be a dream. I could probably even secure airfare for myself through a friend's America West buddy pass. I don't care if it's 112 and I'm on the east side, seeing the birds is an event that I would never ever pass up! Thanks for the chance!

7) BleedRed
I don't post on the board too often, but I check in on a regular basis. I actually grew up in Tempe, and have been a huge Cards fan since their arrival in '88. I live in K.C. now, but I'd love to go to a game. I'm actually hoping to make it to the season opener in St. Louis, but it would be an awesome experience to go to a home game with some other Cards fans. Actually though I think that Pariah should go. He's a regular "poster" and seems to be a pretty big fan. But anyways put my name on the list. Thanks. Go Cards!!!

------------------------------------------------

Well, that's them, if you don't feel comfortable voting on the forum feel free to send me a PM with your vote.

Also, there hasn't been much movement in the fund the past few days and we still need alot more to bring even 1 of these guys out here.

Vote away!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Great job putting this together CT.

I'm going to have to read these more carefully over lunch before I vote.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My vote goes for DBACH1.

Love to see the younger crowd starting to follow the Cards.

Never seen a live Cardinal game and that needs to change!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
gotta say, i'm impressed with what everyone had to say. voting is gonna be difficult. i'll PM you CT.

also, folks, c'mon, ante up a bit. let's get someone out there! sheesh, i live in newport beach and made a healthy donation.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
From Stout:
3-I'm a die-hard, as anyone on here can attest. I may get doomy and gloomy at times, but always get behind the team (I've been to 2 games in Philly, wore full gear, and screamed my head off)

I love all the nominees but I know how it is to be at a game in Philly in full Cards regalia. This is why Stout gets my vote! :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I love all the nominees but I know how it is to be at a game in Philly in full Cards regalia. This is why Stout gets my vote! :thumbup:

Woo hoo!!! I vote for that Stout guy too! He rocks...

Oh wait...lol ;)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
I vote for that Stout guy too! He rocks...
He used to rock before all of his feet and ankle problems. Now he's just a liability. Plus, he's an actor, so you can never really know who the "real" Stout is. ;)

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Pariah should get it, although I want you all to know that you're all winners in my mind. :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
He used to rock before all of his feet and ankle problems. Now he's just a liability. Plus, he's an actor, so you can never really know who the "real" Stout is. ;)

:biglaugh:

Yeah, but how can you overlook a lineman who has such real life nicknames as Man Mountain and Godzilla???

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I figure a week is a fair enough time, it's a busy time at ASFN right now so should be plenty of traffic.

DBACH1

Twisted Guiseppe Gallo
Reaction score
Can I vote for myself? I told my mom about it and she didn't think I was telling the truth about this. So my mom said she'll vote for me!:) :thewave:

o yeah incase some of your dont know I am a regular on the azcardinals.com board. I joined that board a while ago and just never had the time to post here. And if none of you know about our "High School Football" thread go check it out! It is currently at 1674 posts. We have our own "fan team" and have an actual schedule and play teams. Well good luck to everyone else......But only 7 people PM'ed you?

Last edited:

bleedingred

Registered
Reaction score
DBACH1, you have my vote. I read you on several boards and find it very encouraging to see someone from your generation this stoked for the Big Red!
Good Luck Bro, and Good Luck to all!

KAZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the invite...but I don't need the money or the ticket. I responded to let you know how I thought about the offer. I do greatly appreciate the offer, however, there must be someone a bit more "thirsty" than myself.

Give it to someone younger and more desperate in need of a "fix". I am financially stable, but family comes first. My wife and kids will not or do not see how I could justify a ticket for myself and/or the whole family to sit in the sun and root on the Cardinals.

The idea of you guys offering up money for a fellow Cardinal fan is the best.

I am really touched to be associated with you guys and gals.

I will be seeing a football game in Seattle...though not the Cardinals this year. My friends would rather see the 'hawks and Falcons on January 2nd.

Again, thank you for the wonderful idea and the good charma. Vote for the younger people and get them hooked (like they aren't already)!!!

Go Cardinals

KAZ (Kale A. Zahniser)

DBACH1

Twisted Guiseppe Gallo
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
DBACH gets mine, He is a diehard Cards fan at a young age without ever seeing the Cards live or living in the great state of AZ and he lives in FL and hates Simeon Rice
Actually I dont hate him...He is one of my favorite Buc players to watch....I hated Thomas Jones tho! Bucs and Cards have been swapping players left and right it seems....We got King, Marquis Walker and Dexter while the Bucs got Pittman, Jones, and Rice. Probably some other players I'm leaving out......

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I vote for DBACH. I was once a starving student myself. A guy nees his fun once in a while.

arizonaman

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I vote for californiacard. Becuase of what he did with the Pat Tillman tshirts he gets my vote

Drachir

Reaction score
WOW. Although I think this is my first post on this board most of you know me from my own message board and the Cards board.

My Vote goes to DBACH1 as he is deserving of it with all the hard work he does on various boards.

DBACH U Da Man!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I'll donate $30.00, but I'm not a fan of PayPal. How else can I do this?