vs. Chicago

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
against SD we concentrated on trying to run and figure out 3rd rb.. now against chicago are we going to concentrate on passing and finding out which wr is starting and roster sports.. I love to see 65% passing in this next game.. dump offs to Hodgkins and Jones, across the middle with Johnson and Boldin, open on with some long passes.. make them at least open up on defense.. pass alot and often.. open up the game with long pass down the side lines for gilmore.. try some 4 reciever sets.. make teams think more about us, since were younger and nothing to lose..this team and only get better...

Also with the injury to KVB.. lets try this Pace,Bryant,Bell,King as the starting four and let them loss. They will get sacks and see how they do against 1st teamers.

Finally what do you all think about blake playing the first half and Pearsons playing all of the 2nd half with 2nd string. see what he has to give us..

I love to win and I think winning will give this team a confidence boost, but we also need to find out what depth and if Pearson has the level he needs to be a backup or possible starter..

Go cards.. goo win in SD

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jr, the 3rd preseason game is usually the best dress rehearsal for the season. My guess is we'll show some good balance for a change.

The Bears have real offensive line problems so our defense may look better than they really are.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bear defense allowed Denver 2 long drives in the first quarter but only one FG thanks to Jake's INT.

So it will be an interesting comparison how we do against their first team defense although I think we'll all agree Denver is better at most skill positions than we are.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
The Bears have real offensive line problems so our defense may look better than they really are.

Understatement of the year so far. Huge problems there and I have predicted a couple times the Bears will regret release James Williams before all is said and done.

In fact, the majority of the Bears offense is having issues. RBs aren't making anything happen due to piss poor holes being opened. Terrell and Dez White are having some allergic reactuion to footballs since they seem to drop them rather often.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Big Cat released or did he retire? I was under the impression he announced his retirement (with the intention of playing out the year) in the middle of last season for some reason.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Was Big Cat released or did he retire? I was under the impression he announced his retirement (with the intention of playing out the year) in the middle of last season for some reason.

Williams was released in a salary cap move...and to let Marc Colombo take over the spot he was drafted for. That I am aware of he never mentioned retirement but I could be wrong on that.