Watford set to sack manager Vladimir Ivic after just four months in charge

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Watford manager Vladimir Ivic is facing the sack after just four months in charge, following the 2–0 defeat at Huddersfield Town on Saturday, their fourth loss of the season. Appointed in August on an initial one-year contract, the Serbian was charged with the task of guiding Watford straight back to the Premier League following their relegation last season. Ivic was the 12th permanent head coach owner Gino Pazzo has hired in the last eight years, following the dismissal of Nigel Pearson before the end of the last campaign. Yet there have been frequent rumours of friction with the squad and it now appears the 43-year-old will leave Watford in the next 48 hours. Ivic took the decision to drop skipper Troy Deeney for alleged discipline issues ahead of the game at Huddersfield. When asked on Deeney's absence from the starting 11 Ivic said: “He didn’t start because he played a lot of full games recently. “I believe that he wasn’t ready to play from the beginning but the reason he wasn’t able to come on was a discipline issue.” When asked if Deeney had a future at the club, Ivic added: “I don’t know, we will see. “It’s between us and I don’t want to speak about this. I’m the coach and I know what is my responsibility.”

Continue reading...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05