We keep this up & Grimm is a goner

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cardinals continue to excel running the ball, Russ Grimm will be a HC elsewhere. I was hoping to have him for 2 years, but it may be one & done!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I cannot freakin' believe what he has done with the guys we have on the line. Mike Gandy looks reborn.

2 straight games we rush for over 100yds.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
You know...I was thinking the same thing today, PA. And then I had a thought...what about promoting Grimm to co-Head Coach? Why can't there be two? Especially when the two work so well together. Yes, the Bidwills would have to pay Grimm HC money, but as we are seeing, he's well worth it.

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have an assistant OL coach learning from Grimm? It's obvious he's going to be a HC at some point and it would be nice if there is someone being groomed to seamlessly take over.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have an assistant OL coach learning from Grimm? It's obvious he's going to be a HC at some point and it would be nice if there is someone being groomed to seamlessly take over.

I was wondering the same thing during the game today.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey Grimm is from Tempe isn't he? If so that means he is home and maybe he becomes accustomed to it and doesn't want to leave.

Whis' ultimate coaching job is the HC at Georgia Tech I believe. After he gets us to the playoffs and wins a couple of games he may become the hot property and Grimm may be content to stay and let that happen. Georgia Tech never wins much in football anyway and they may feel like Whis is the one to build them into a contender once we win some playoff games. Then he is ready to step into the job Whis has left vacant. It could happen.:);)

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We thought the same thing in Clancy P's first year.

Lets enjoy the wins...

If alot of them come then we will deal with losing coaches next year.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. First Grimm may be completed jaded about the whole HC process and may want to wait for a few years. Second, why didn't teams want him to begin with? Good positional coach, bad HC candidate?

We will see.

BigOX

Reaction score
I'd gladly, GLADY, stress about the problem of losing our assistants due to our success

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Grimm isn't going anywhere. He is getting almost HC money to coach an Oline on an up and comming team. The only way he leaves is if Gibbs is gone and WAS wants him. No way Grimm leaves. :)