We should draft Charlie Whitehurst

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think we should draft Charlie whitehurst as he looks like he will be available in the third round..I am not very convinced with Jay Cutler after watching the Senior bowl...Matt and Vince wont be available for us and its not worth wasting a 1st round pick on Jay Cutler...Cutler would be a choice for us if he is available in the second round...but not the first....

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I really like Whitehurst and I agree that he would be a nice pick in the 3rd. I still doubt DG will look for a QB early though because, as others on this board have said, is that he is out to save his job and a key pick will probably not be used on a developmental player.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I really like Whitehurst and I agree that he would be a nice pick in the 3rd. I still doubt DG will look for a QB early though because, as others on this board have said, is that he is out to save his job and a key pick will probably not be used on a developmental player.

If he needs a 3rd round pick to save his job, he needs to be gone.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been pushing for Charlie Whitehurst all year. What you saw in this game was a guy still recuperating from a shoulder injury. By the time draft rolls around he will be gone long before 3rd round. Bottom of first or solid second. Cards need to grab him with a high #2. Vernon Davis #1.

spanky1

Reaction score
wallyburger said:
I have been pushing for Charlie Whitehurst all year. What you saw in this game was a guy still recuperating from a shoulder injury. By the time draft rolls around he will be gone long before 3rd round. Bottom of first or solid second. Cards need to grab him with a high #2. Vernon Davis #1.

I was impressed with Whitehurst. It will be interesting to see him and Omar Jacobs at the combine to help us determine if either are worthy of our high second round pick. Depending on how we score in FA will influence my thinking regarding the 40th overall on a QB.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
I was impressed with Whitehurst. It will be interesting to see him and Omar Jacobs at the combine to help us determine if either are worthy of our high second round pick. Depending on how we score in FA will influence my thinking regarding the 40th overall on a QB.
Whitehurst has been injury prone in college.Why would you think he will be any less so in the NFL? Jacobs is a question mark due to mechanics and quality of competition. Cards are probably going to pay 4or 5 million to the porcelin man Warner so i guess they can draft Whitehurst and hope they both can get thru the season.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
BW52 said:
Jacobs is a question mark due to mechanics and quality of competition.

His questionable mechanics can be worked on.. They're easily fixable with proper coaching.

As for the quality of competition, the same arguement could have been said about Ben Roethilsberger yet that hasn't hindered him from the success he's had (albeit with a better team than the Cards currently have)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snake said:
His questionable mechanics can be worked on.. They're easily fixable with proper coaching.

As for the quality of competition, the same arguement could have been said about Ben Roethilsberger yet that hasn't hindered him from the success he's had (albeit with a better team than the Cards currently have)

Jacobs isn't going to have his throwing mechanics changed. It's not like some of the guys where they throw with their arm at a bit of a 3/4 angle, he looks like he's shotputting the ball. To make him throw textbook will require a complete overhaul. I think he completed around 70% of his passes in college, if they change his throwing motion too much I don't know if he'd be as accurate.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jacobs really needs a good showing at the Combine or pro workout day. Most draft guru's at this time show him going in the 3rd or 4th round.

seesred

Reaction score
I like what I saw of Whitehurst. He would look good in red. A third or fourth rounder I think Green just might pull hios name.

GBR

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we draft a QB, and don't have something crazy like Leinart or Young fall to us, then I hope it's either Whitehurst or Reggie McNeal.

I'm suspecting that we are NOT planning on adding a QB through the draft or free agency is Warner resigns. We would have four arms on the roster, and I think Green did not talk up Navarre at the season-ending press conference for nothing. He could well be planning on Davey or Navarre developing and, if they don't, signing a cast off during training camp.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BW52 said:
Whitehurst has been injury prone in college.Why would you think he will be any less so in the NFL?

His injury this year was the first time he missed games in his 4 year career, isn't that correct?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
His injury this year was the first time he missed games in his 4 year career, isn't that correct?

I thouight so too, and actually he had only one games missed.