Webb will give ailing shoulder a rest

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4053383

PHOENIX -- Arizona Diamondbacks ace Brandon Webb will skip his next start because of shoulder stiffness.

Brandon Webb

Webb

Manager Bob Melvin said Yusmeiro Petit will take Webb's scheduled start Saturday night at home against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Webb will not throw at all for two days.

Webb, whose 22 victories led the National League last season, experienced stiffness in his shoulder during Arizona's 9-8 Opening Day victory over the Rockies.

The 2006 NL Cy Young winner blamed problems with his arm angle, resulting in a diminished sinking fastball, for his poor outing. The right-hander allowed six runs on six hits, including two homers, in four innings.

Melvin said Wednesday that "this isn't something you can mess around with" and they will "try to be proactive on this one."

That was fun while it lasted this year. Sign Ben Sheets and Pedro, at least way between them you will get enough start to get through the season.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what? he's gonna miss one start. calm down.

He had stiffness all spring and pitched like crap. There is more to it, you will see. Webb is a gamer, he would not miss a start if it was not really bothering him. Best case, he misses a month.

brutus1303

Rookie
Reaction score
He had stiffness all spring and pitched like crap. There is more to it, you will see. Webb is a gamer, he would not miss a start if it was not really bothering him. Best case, he misses a month.

Petit has proven himself capable of keeping the team in games. He's no Webb, but this season is far from over if Webby misses a little bit of time.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SI's T&R section thinks that Webb's option will not be picked up and he will be a FA at the end of the year. Didn't Chris Carpenter go through this and come back. I think we keep Webb but renegotiate a more reasonable salary considering he may not return to form. I wouldn't let him go for nothing as rumor suggested.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SI's T&R section thinks that Webb's option will not be picked up and he will be a FA at the end of the year. Didn't Chris Carpenter go through this and come back. I think we keep Webb but renegotiate a more reasonable salary considering he may not return to form. I wouldn't let him go for nothing as rumor suggested.

I would wait to see what the damage really is before I make any decisions.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I've been calling this ever since he went down with the injury.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22