Week 5 Green Press Conference....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated... Week 5 Green Press Conference....

This post is reserved for the press conference. I will recap here in this thread, when the archive is available.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for a valid archive link. The link from the Cards website has been down.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edited to add more.

"Let another home game get away, had some opportunities in both those games (STL and KC). Holding LJ to his yardage was a pretty strong run defensive effort. Helped them with big plays in the passing game."

Injuries - Fitz pretty strong hamstring injury. 2-4 or 2-5 weeks.
Milford Brown Questionable with ankle injury

"I thought Matt played well. Trememdous competitor, made key throws, nice throws. Had two bad plays. "

"Bigtime game this week, Monday Night Football. Chicago is the #1 team in the NFL. Look at what they are doing defensively, moving the ball well. A lot of speed in the defensive front."

Q: With the Larry situation, will you bring up someone from the practice squad?
A: We will bring up Holiday. 2 years with us...good training camp

Q: Asked a question about Troy Walters (possibly being the 3rd receiver)
A: He has helped us in playing . Good solid veteran, if we get him the ball more, can make more plays.

Q: Will this take away from using less 3WR packages?
A: We will have to see, looking at CHI now, it depends on who you play, and what they bring in the table.

Q: Obviously not how you wanted to know to Monday night, how do you go forward?
A: You look forward to the next game, we are not here by ourselves. Misery has company. There are other 1 win teams, we surely didn't expect to be. We will not go into the game any less confident, If we play our game, we can compete against any team in the NFL.

Q: Defense has played well, do you think that one big play here or there is what is causing the problem?
A: It is hard to say, those plays, 2 years of it. Something difficult to explain. After that simple screenplay, we stopped them on the 4 yard line. Our defense was very stout at times.

Q: How did you like how Lutui played when he was out there?
A: Well, it was the first time to get some action, we talked about playing him anyway. More practice preparation.

Q: Asked a question about Matt's inception, was Law sitting on it?
A: If Law doesnt think that you wont go deep, he will sit on it. We did not go deep enough, Our first TD he was good, dropped some deep balls, more than one. Did not catch enough to win.

Q: We didnt see a lot of motion, was that to give Matt enough time and to simplify the offense?
A: They do a lot of things also, (blitzing) we wanted to try and settle them down enough.

Q: James was grumbling about not running the ball enough.
A: I am grumbling about not running the ball enough.

Q: Do you agree that he needs the ball more?
A: Yes

Q: Will he get the ball more?
A: Hope so. I think the game is dictated by how you run the ball.

Q: Do you think those two plays to start the 4th Q (not getting the 1st) affected the playcalling?
A: I just think that we did not rise up and knock them off the ball

Q: Here you are 1-4 for 3 years in a row, do you still think you are making progress?
A: Making progress in everything but the record. Some of the young, dynamic players here. Adrian Wilson was grown here, as good as you can expect from 3rd rounder. You should NEVER have a punt blocked all season.

Q: ..bout JJ running the ball out of the endzone, would you like to see him down it.
A: He wanted to break it, the penalty on top of it is what was bad.

Q: Milford is sitting out of the game, afraid of ligament damage
A: Will do a MRI, hopes that it is 2 weeks, will let you know WED.

Q: Did Dansby have a good game
A: I think so, except for that endzone run, did not get a good hit.

Q: Back in the starting lineup?
A: We'll see

Q: Does Berry look like the same guy in 04?
A: To me he does. They dont have any sacks, blitzing more.

Q: How did Gabe do?
A: He did well, Clancy, thats another injury, his ankle, may miss next week. Wanted Gabe for that reason. He did a pretty good job of it.

end

Q:

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article on ESPN quotes Green several times from the press conference.

He says Carlyle Holliday replaces Fitz. He says Brown and Clancy both hurt ankles and probably won't play Monday. Praised Gabe Watson, praised Matt etc. Sounds like Lutui starts for Brown and possibly Watson for Clancy?

Said it was a good pull and possibly a tear in there for Fitz 2 weeks to 5, 2-4 maybe hard to say, Fitz was trying to block someone, he moved, and he felt a pop.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article on ESPN quotes Green several times from the press conference.

He says Carlyle Holliday replaces Fitz. He says Brown and Clancy both hurt ankles and probably won't play Monday. Praised Gabe Watson, praised Matt etc. Sounds like Lutui starts for Brown and possibly Watson for Clancy?

Said it was a good pull and possibly a tear in there for Fitz 2 weeks to 5, 2-4 maybe hard to say, Fitz was trying to block someone, he moved, and he felt a pop.

Getting Lutui and Watson in there, could be considered good news. Holiday over Fitz is obviously not.

spanky1

Reaction score
Clancy is a huge scratch......and I can't believe that Watson can be in shape to play a full 60 minutes. We'll see more of Chris Cooper this week.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clancy is a huge scratch......and I can't believe that Watson can be in shape to play a full 60 minutes. We'll see more of Chris Cooper this week.

Clancy's ankle isn't as bad as Browns but he sounded like he was unlikely to play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clancy's ankle isn't as bad as Browns but he sounded like he was unlikely to play.

Some speculation was that Brown ripped ligaments in his ankle. That might mean the season if that's the case.

I'll give him credit for being a tough S.O.B. though. When he got hurt, he got up slowly and went into the huddle. There was a timeout, and Lutui ran out onto the field. Brown waved him off. When Green saw Lutui running back to the sideline, he walked out onto the field to get Brown out of the game and Lutui in. Finally, Brown hobbled off the field with no help. It raised my opinion of the guy some. I don't think our oline matches up with adjectives like "tough" too often.

spanky1

Reaction score
I have not been impressed with Milford Brown and look forward to seeing Latui on the field.....maybe he can emmulate Matt with an eye opening debut.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
updated.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK why the hell is Green saying "hope so" when asked if Edge will get the ball more?What the hell does that mean, does he mean I hope we have the lead(which we did most of yesterday) or does he mean I don't call the plays but I hope we run more? That's the stuff that bothers me with him he at times is so intentionally disconnected to the team it's like you wonder what the hell he means.

I hope he means if we're ahead we'll run more but we were yesterday and didn't so that doesn't seem like what he means.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I think he means if we CAN run the ball...we will. So far this season...we have not.

I love Edge but is he playing in the same games we are watching? 2 yards + 1 yard + 3 yards = PUNT- Thats no way to run an offense.

For the first time this game i noticed while the blocking was terrible on alot of plays I noticed Edges lack of burst being a big reason we didn't get bigger gains. Sometimes I wanted him to see the same hole i did and accelerate through but no dice.....

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Edge but is he playing in the same games we are watching? 2 yards + 1 yard + 3 yards = PUNT- Thats no way to run an offense.
Exactly. That's why when answering the reporters question on "Will he (Edge) get the ball more?"...Coach Green said, "I hope" . As in hope we could run more. Hard to call more running plays when we suck at running the ball.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For the first time this game i noticed while the blocking was terrible on alot of plays I noticed Edges lack of burst being a big reason we didn't get bigger gains. Sometimes I wanted him to see the same hole i did and accelerate through but no dice.....

Glad to see somebody else noticed.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
thanks dreamcast for posting this. cooper did have a good game againist the cheifs. i am looking forward in seeing him play some more. if anybody wants to see a replay of the game then it will be on the nfl network tommorrow night. edge definitly needs to touch the ball more. quit thinking he is dancing with the stars and start running down hill more. there will be plenty of time for him to be on that show after he retires. i like the way the cardinls use the playaction it fooled everybody most of the time. we will see how the cardinals respond to this loss with the bears coming to town.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Glad to see somebody else noticed.

Ferri is by far the quickest back we have...therefore we will never see him in a game! We prefer PLODDING for 1 or 2, rather than BURSTING for 10 or 20 on occasion...it keeps the games close as we seem to prefer!

It is also keeps the O-Line from having to move too far forward between plays...I mean let's get real with our expectations!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05