Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are high on him they should give him the 4th year option.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this kid turns into anything, its all a bonus. I am not expecting anything from him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that both NBADraftnet and Draft Express had Wes Johnson going #4 in their 2010 mock drafts.

A lot of people were high on him. However, it doesn't always work out that way in the NBA.

The Wolves sure have had trouble getting it right at the SF position.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Johnson is still on the roster in 2013-14 I'd be very surprised. It would be great if he showed a spark but so far he has been a monumental bust.

The really damning thing about Johnson is he was supposed to be very polished coming out of college. An older college guy who might not have the highest ceiling but would be a contributor right away. Instead he has been a disaster. He looks as lost offensively as anyone in the league.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
His numbers are very close o Joe Johnson's I think the lockout new PG every year threw this kid off. He has a very good shooting motion, has good help Def and can fly. With the amount of money we are putting into player delevlopment he could be a great pick up. He also played mostly F in his college years so we will see.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When we got Joe Johnson from Boston he was 20 years old, and he wasnt a salary dump for Boston, he was an asset they used to get Rodgers and Delk.

Wes Johnson was a 25 year old salary dump.

I absolutely love this trade but I dont see much of a connection to the JJ one. Even if he finds a pulse he does not have anywhere near the potential that Johnson did anymore.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Johnson is still on the roster in 2013-14 I'd be very surprised. It would be great if he showed a spark but so far he has been a monumental bust.

The really damning thing about Johnson is he was supposed to be very polished coming out of college. An older college guy who might not have the highest ceiling but would be a contributor right away. Instead he has been a disaster. He looks as lost offensively as anyone in the league.

by no way am I saying that Wesley Johnson is going to be JJ, but at least there exists the possibility that he will play well enough to become a midseason trade asset, a sign and trade opportunity, or somebody we actually would like to keep. I'm hoping they sign a backup center with some upside. That will be a nice mix of veterans and young potential. I wish we were a little more athletic at small forward and power forward, but this is a nice start. We are going to lose a lot of games, but hopefully the individual pieces increase their value and they improve as a team as the season goes along.

The Phoenix Suns have put themselves in position to make moves around the trade deadline and next summer, and they should get a decent draft pick.

Joe

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns have a great track record with these types of players. (high potential, need a change of scenery, not doing much with current team...)

Diaw, JJ, Dudley, Gortat just to name a few.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Found something also intresting he has the same agent as Harden/Mayo/Gordon! HMMM :)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Athletic,can block some shots...showed some unselfishness and the ability to make the extra pass too. Nice form on his jumper. I'm told his defense is weak. Nobody makes youtube videos about people guarding other people. LOL

He's been a disappointment and an underachiever thusfar. His development here will be interesting.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
The Suns have a great track record with these types of players. (high potential, need a change of scenery, not doing much with current team...)

Diaw, JJ, Dudley, Gortat just to name a few.

Exactly, and as mojo says, it will be interesting to watch his development. I'm optimistic that a change will do him good. He started playing basketball late so he can still improve. He's athletic. Just put an assistant coach on him and work on simple things, confidence, fundamentals, and lets hope it works out for the best.

If not, we didn't loose that much, did we?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kahn said that he really regressed this year--especially offensively. But his defensive abilities and efforts are what continued to get him playing time.

He guessed that becoming the father of twins might have had some impact (well, yeah, duh. Any brand new dad, especially of twins understands the strain, lack of sleep etc that it has on you, especially if you are really trying to be a participating father). I assume the lockout had something to do with it too. The lockout seemed to adversely affect alot of young players who found themselves without a training camp to speak of, on the floor quickly and unexpectedly.

When hoping, you look for solvable explanations.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He guessed that becoming the father of twins might have had some impact (well, yeah, duh. Any brand new dad, especially of twins understands the strain, lack of sleep etc that it has on you, especially if you are really trying to be a participating father).

If the new twins were part of the problem, then good for him for at least trying to participate in parenting. A lot of NBA players wouldn't make the effort.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05