Westbrook will miss at least week 1

Reaction score
Comcast Sportsnet in Philadelphia reports that Brian Westbrook's ankle injury will sideline him until Week 1, at the earliest.
The report adds that he may need ankle clean-out surgery, which could cost him even more time. Westbrook had problems with the same ankle last year. He also needed arthroscopic knee surgery this winter and turns 30 before Week 1, making him a major breakdown candidate. Assuming it hasn't already happened. Westbrook averaged just 2.9 yards per carry in the Eagles' last six games. He's going to be someone to avoid in fantasy drafts.
Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

Wow, I heard he got injured, but I didn't think it'd be that bad. Sucks for the Eagles.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much demand out there at all for Edge. Most on this board still feel he can contribute but it looks pretty much that someone will pick him up only as a backup.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Shocking!! Westbrook missing a game due to injury!?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Edge just found a team to sign with if the Saints do not consider signing him

I don't see it. Eagles throw just as much as we do. I don't think Edge is going to jump at the chance to sign with another pass happy team where he would only start a few games.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I don't see it. Eagles throw just as much as we do. I don't think Edge is going to jump at the chance to sign with another pass happy team where he would only start a few games.

He's got a 0% chance of starting anywhere else as a starter, barring injuries, so I don't see why not.

uofi1998

Reaction score
[/i]

Wow, I heard he got injured, but I didn't think it'd be that bad. Sucks for the Eagles.

Westbrook's age, mileage, and injury history are a major reason why Philly had the best draft this year (IMO). Getting LeShawn McCoy to go along with Maclin and the trade for Jason Peters was just big time work by the Eagles FO.

McCoy is the real deal - I don't think they'll lose a whole lot without Westbrook, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this finally be the year that he can't play through pain, and a new back (McCoy) takes over the primary role.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The season is a long ways away. Seems odd that they're calling it one game already. How in the world can they look that far into the future and nail the total recovery time to within one week?

I think this signals that he's hurt pretty bad, and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back until game 4 or 5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05