What are the chances of new uniforms or logo?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm new on this site, so I appolgize if this thread has been done before (great site by the way).

What are the chances, that in the year preceeding the opening of the new stadium, or the year it does open, that the Cardinals update or modify their logo and uni's?

The fresh start approach could help bring about a subtle attitude change in the organization; a'la Bucanneers (who as a FLA resident for a decade can attest to the hideousness of the old sherbert pirate).

I think a change would be nice for the Cards and maybe an even bigger push towards a winning attitude.

Just a thought.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
This has been done to death before but the consensus seems to be that they will never change the name Cardinals but they're gonna do something to tweak their uniforms once they move into the new stadium.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
I'm new on this site, so I appolgize if this thread has been done before (great site by the way).

What are the chances, that in the year preceeding the opening of the new stadium, or the year it does open, that the Cardinals update or modify their logo and uni's?

The fresh start approach could help bring about a subtle attitude change in the organization; a'la Bucanneers (who as a FLA resident for a decade can attest to the hideousness of the old sherbert pirate).

I think a change would be nice for the Cards and maybe an even bigger push towards a winning attitude.

Just a thought.

They should just go with the all-red uniforms. No drastic change is necessary IMO.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they tweak the unis to coincide with the new stadium; not this year.

azsports

Veteran
Reaction score
:cool: Leave the uniforms and logo alone. That bird on the helmet is the best in the NFL.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azsports said:
:cool: Leave the uniforms and logo alone. That bird on the helmet is the best in the NFL.
I think it needs a "teak," not an overhaul. Like the seahawks helmet (forget the color change, just look at what they did to the bird itself). They streamlined it, and made it look a little meaner. I thought that was pretty good.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Get rid of all the stripes. Keep the gray face masks. Black shoes. No names on the back.

I don't really like the logo either. But hell, it could be a friggin cockroach on the helmet and I'd still root for 'em.

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
As long as the Bidwells own this team there is no way that they will change the uniforms or the logo.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
khilari said:
As long as the Bidwells own this team there is no way that they will change the uniforms or the logo.
Mike Bidwill was on the radio a year or 2 ago and said they would not rule out a uniform modification for the new stadium season.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I liked the uniforms from the early 90's

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Get rid of all the stripes. Keep the gray face masks. Black shoes. No names on the back.

I don't really like the logo either. But hell, it could be a friggin cockroach on the helmet and I'd still root for 'em.

Now I think your onto something!

You must be registered for see images

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

How can you not like the bird? What are ya, a commie or something? :D

Seriously, I like the bird, but would not be vehemently opposed to a some type of modernization of the uniforms.

Stick with crimson and white though please.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
casablanca said:
Just don't tweak the uniforms while the players are wearing them.... ouch
:shocker:

Yeah especially the helmets...."Tweak Your Beak" sounds painful.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
I would not be in favor of a logo change.........I LOVE THE LOGO just the way it is! But I am game for tweaking the uni's a little. I really like it when the play in the all red or all white. But seriously I really do thing we have the best looking uniforms in the NFL.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
DieHardCardFan said:
I would not be in favor of a logo change.........I LOVE THE LOGO just the way it is! But I am game for tweaking the uni's a little. I really like it when the play in the all red or all white. But seriously I really do thing we have the best looking uniforms in the NFL.

Word!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
When I think of the white tops and red pants, I think of this...
Ugh. I don't care what anyone says, those look bad.

OP
OP
SuperSpck

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You've "tweaked" my curiousity.
Do you mean the good ole white on white or red on red? Or something all together more sinister?

I like the colors so they don't have to go, but maybe a different shade of white and red with just a slightly meaner bird, like the seahawks or eagles have.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
You've "tweaked" my curiousity.
Do you mean the good ole white on white or red on red? Or something all together more sinister?

I like the colors so they don't have to go, but maybe a different shade of white and red with just a slightly meaner bird, like the seahawks or eagles have.

Black trim! Black trim! Black trim!

There, I said it three times!

w00t

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
When I think of the white tops and red pants, I think of this...
Ugh. I don't care what anyone says, those look bad.

Ugh, it CANNOT be as bad as those all-red uniforms...the ones that cause me to gag when I see them, they're so bad.

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
DieHardCardFan said:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the MAIN reasons...

I've been a Cardinal fan for (37) years is that I luv the helmet & the colors. (I also follow the CARDS in baseball.) Anyways, "tweaking" the uniform colors a little would be ok--BUT change the helmet logo?? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CARDS!!