What are your concerns headed to the playoffs?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well, the long grind of a 16 game schedule is finally over & it's time to win or go home. Does today stay in the minds of our Redbirds or can they overcome adversity & the naysayers like last year?

These questions or concerns may make or break the run to Miami

1) Health-I was concerned headed into next week already with the injuries & play of Dansby & Hayes. Now we must add the names of DRC, Quan & Calais Campbell to the list. Cross your fingers that Boldin or DRC dont have lingering knee injuries or continueing issues if we survive round 1. This moved from concern #3 to the top after today.

2) Oline-Can these guys give Warner the time he needs to make this passing fly as it did last postseason? Thats the $million question. Will Coach Wiz give Jeremy Bridges the help he will need to hold off Matthews & Co. next week? I guarantee you Dom Capers will bring the gas from Kurts left next weekend with CB's, safetys & LB'ers.

3)Turnovers-The Cards are one of the bottom feeders in the NFL at coughing up the football to their opponents, I believe ending up a staggering -15 in the turnover battle. No other playoff team can claim that. If the Cards are to advance to Miami, they must change this trend. Fumbles & picks are on the rise since the Vikes game.

4)3rd down conversions-offensively we have struggled converted 3rd downs all season. We are at the bottom third of the league (around 20). Limiting potential explosive offenses possessions are a necessity in playoff football. 36% wont cut in come next week!!!

5) Big plays-Were not going to Miami unless we start hitting some big chunks. I really believe teams will continue to limit Fitz's 1 on 1 battles so it is imperative Breaston opens this passing game up. Warner must hit Stevie when given chances deep. The Pack basically took Fitz out of todays game & made our QB's hit underneath routes all day, just like most of the season. Trying to drive 10-15 plays on a consistant basis doesn't win in the playoffs.

6) Dline-can this team stop running games. Every since the Vikes game we have been allowing 135 yards a game. The injuries to Hayes & Dansby are a big reason. #58 & #54 must be healthy to keep opponents off the field.

Fire Away!!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to go into next weeks game with a mindset of needing 35 points to win this game.
We need to stay out of 3rd and long.
We need Warner to stay healthy.
We cannot turn the ball over.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You know Bucky I don't have any real concerns about next week because our guys have shown they can play when something is on the line. See the Giants and Vikings games and the results following the Carolina and (2nd) 4and9er losses.

The problem we have as fans is that they just aren't lunch pail guys who show up for work every day. If the game doesn't mean much our players don't play much. Its been that way for two seasons now and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

We have an offense that just kills people if Warner is on and a great, great punter. Otherwise we got nothing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OMG Bucky I just realized the Cards and Longhorns are playing for a Championship in the same week. I never thought I'd live long enough.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am concerned about consistency and thats it, when the Cardinals play consistently good football (for 2 halves) they can tear up any team in the NFL. When they come out flat and struggle over long stretches they have hard a hard time regaining their composure and fighting back. I'm not overly concerned this week.

I have a feeling Whisenhunt is going to go deep in his playbook to give the offense opportunities for big plays.

I think Billy Davis will also give the Packers new looks from our defense that hasn't been seen much either.

Did I mention I've never seen the Cardinals lose in UofP in person? I'll be there this week.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Turnovers and the psyche of this team after taking such a loss to someone they'll play the very next week.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Health of the team and turnovers are my greatest concerns. When we turn the ball over, we turn it over A LOT. That scares me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had the worst dream last night that we lost 51 to 40 lol it was so weaird because everytime i rechecked we were losing and when I wasn't looking we were winning... I'm just so nervous about this game i'm having a hard time sleeping at night honestly. I would just hate to go out in the 1st round :(.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
I had the worst dream last night that we lost 51 to 40 lol it was so weaird because everytime i rechecked we were losing and when I wasn't looking we were winning(.

maybe you should stay clear of the TV on Sunday then if we are to have a chance at victory:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not concerned because I don't see this team going very far in the post season.

The defense is just too soft and too old. The Cards probably have more 30+ year olds on defense than any team in the NFL. 20 games last year and 16 this year may be too much for the old codger crew.

Add in the fact that they like to avoid contact, Wilson being the exception of course, and two key players are now dinged up, and you have a recipe for one and done.

In addition to our D being soft we have the worst offensive line to ever make the post season. Thankfully Warner is a magician at getting the ball out quickly or we'd be on pace to rival the mid nineties teams that gave up 70 sacks a season. If BWells played for a team like the Vikings he's have rushed for over 1000 yards this season. Well actually if you count the yards he's had to go sideways to avoid the ubiquitous defender in our backfield he is over a 1000 for the season.

We ain't got a chance Sunday.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
I'm not concerned because I don't see this team going very far in the post season.

The defense is just too soft and too old. The Cards probably have more 30+ year olds on defense than any team in the NFL. 20 games last year and 16 this year may be too much for the old codger crew.

Add in the fact that they like to avoid contact, Wilson being the exception of course, and two key players are now dinged up, and you have a recipe for one and done.

In addition to our D being soft we have the worst offensive line to ever make the post season. Thankfully Warner is a magician at getting the ball out quickly or we'd be on pace to rival the mid nineties teams that gave up 70 sacks a season. If BWells played for a team like the Vikings he's have rushed for over 1000 yards this season. Well actually if you count the yards he's had to go sideways to avoid the ubiquitous defender in our backfield he is over a 1000 for the season.

We ain't got a chance Sunday.

:D I know what you're trying to do here, you can't fool a veteran.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, the long grind of a 16 game schedule is finally over & it's time to win or go home. Does today stay in the minds of our Redbirds or can they overcome adversity & the naysayers like last year?

These questions or concerns may make or break the run to Miami

1) Health-I was concerned headed into next week already with the injuries & play of Dansby & Hayes. Now we must add the names of DRC, Quan & Calais Campbell to the list. Cross your fingers that Boldin or DRC dont have lingering knee injuries or continueing issues if we survive round 1. This moved from concern #3 to the top after today.

2) Oline-Can these guys give Warner the time he needs to make this passing fly as it did last postseason? Thats the $million question. Will Coach Wiz give Jeremy Bridges the help he will need to hold off Matthews & Co. next week? I guarantee you Dom Capers will bring the gas from Kurts left next weekend with CB's, safetys & LB'ers.

3)Turnovers-The Cards are one of the bottom feeders in the NFL at coughing up the football to their opponents, I believe ending up a staggering -15 in the turnover battle. No other playoff team can claim that. If the Cards are to advance to Miami, they must change this trend. Fumbles & picks are on the rise since the Vikes game.

4)3rd down conversions-offensively we have struggled converted 3rd downs all season. We are at the bottom third of the league (around 20). Limiting potential explosive offenses possessions are a necessity in playoff football. 36% wont cut in come next week!!!

5) Big plays-Were not going to Miami unless we start hitting some big chunks. I really believe teams will continue to limit Fitz's 1 on 1 battles so it is imperative Breaston opens this passing game up. Warner must hit Stevie when given chances deep. The Pack basically took Fitz out of todays game & made our QB's hit underneath routes all day, just like most of the season. Trying to drive 10-15 plays on a consistant basis doesn't win in the playoffs.

6) Dline-can this team stop running games. Every since the Vikes game we have been allowing 135 yards a game. The injuries to Hayes & Dansby are a big reason. #58 & #54 must be healthy to keep opponents off the field.

Fire Away!!!

Health without a doubt rules the day. When we are healthy we can beat anyone on a given day. Lose several key players and we are just an average team that would have to play over our heads to win.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Depth at LB
2. Depth at CB
3. We need to figure out how to stop the run again. They were monsters against the run in the first half of the season, then they became a sieve and I can't figure out why.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
1. Depth at LB
2. Depth at CB
3. We need to figure out how to stop the run again. They were monsters against the run in the first half of the season, then they became a sieve and I can't figure out why.

I just hope the guys aren't running out of gas after having played 36 games the last two seasons.

The Giants sure seemed to wear out at the end of last season.

But then the Titans and Ravens didn't the year after playing 4 post season games so who knows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. Depth at LB
2. Depth at CB
Both inside linebackers playing hurt; it's not so hard to figure out.