What movies did you rent tonight?

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Let's keep this an ongoing thread....

Friday the 13th
Swordfish
House Of 1000 Corpses
Old School (they neglected to ring it up, so I actually get to keep it!)
Nightstalker

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
Why not rent and burn?

Well,

1) I don't have a burner, so...

2) I'm a collector, so I don't burn. (Although I have 3 DVDs burned by friends--2 WC Fields Criterion DVDs and the Twin Peaks Pilot Episode DVD)

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
2) I'm a collector

I see

:thumbup:

So would you buy the full 6 part Star Wars Box Set when it comes out? Or would just get the individual movies seperately?

Just wondering.

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah i don't burn. burnt stuff looks poopy in your collection rack. i know it's knit picking. I like original stuff.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(BTW, I don't rent, I buy)

Look for Chapflix or Chapbuster, coming to a city near you. :D

Chap could rent out his own collection...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I figure I paid an average of 19.99 for each DVD in my collection...some cheaper, some more expensive.

So I have have spent 4997.50 on my DVD collection (whoa) and 250 movies isn't exactly a lot

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 DVDs - Cast Away and LOTR.

Daughter (4 years old) has Little Mermaid and Dora's Great Adventures.

I think we also have some adult flick on foreplay or something. :rolleyes: I don't care to ever watch it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I figure I paid an average of 19.99 for each DVD in my collection...some cheaper, some more expensive.

So I have have spent 4997.50 on my DVD collection (whoa) and 250 movies isn't exactly a lot

I think I'm up to 1032 DVDs right now, and my value is probably around 32,000 dollars. Although I RARELY pay more than 17-18 dollars for a DVD. I figure I average probably 11-12 per DVD, so I haven't spent NEARLY that dollar figure up until now.

So would you buy the full 6 part Star Wars Box Set when it comes out? Or would just get the individual movies seperately?

Just wondering.

Good question. It depends. If the individual movies had different extras than the 6-disc set, I'd probably buy all of them (single and box set). If they release them all at the same time and the single discs are the same as the discs in the set, I'd probably just get the set.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back on track...

I've currently got Leaving Las Vegas rented out.
I just dropped Frailty in the mailbox yesterday.

Shawn

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm up to 1032 DVDs right now, and my value is probably around 32,000 dollars.

Someday, you'll be able to retire and continuosly watch your collection for years and years... :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb

I know I have about 300 and it makes me sick when I think about just how much I have spent on the damn things!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
Back on track...

I just dropped Frailty in the mailbox yesterday.

Shawn

I absolutely LOVE that movie! :thumbup:

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I just rented a movie called Versus. You can pick it up at any Schlockbuster, but if you want to see the real, unrated version go to an indie store.

The movie kicked ass! One of the more enjoyable films I've seen lately. Japanese but it has an English language track. Lots of kung-fu mayhem centered around zombies. Whole lot of fun.

I plan on using the last of my Schlockbuster gift card on From Justin To Kelly next week :D

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
I just rented a movie called Versus. You can pick it up at any Schlockbuster, but if you want to see the real, unrated version go to an indie store.

The movie kicked ass! One of the more enjoyable films I've seen lately. Japanese but it has an English language track. Lots of kung-fu mayhem centered around zombies. Whole lot of fun.

I plan on using the last of my Schlockbuster gift card on From Justin To Kelly next week :D

Well - you better invite Chickler Mike to come over and watch it with you. I know he's been dieing to see it but hasn't got up the courage to walk in and rent it! :D :thumbup:

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well - you better invite Chickler Mike to come over and watch it with you. I know he's been dieing to see it but hasn't got up the courage to walk in and rent it! :D :thumbup:

Shawn

Whitey :gun:

Mike

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score

Shawn

:biglaugh: Whaddya say, C-Mike?

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
I just rented "The Mothman Prophecies" and "Old School". I enjoyed both much more than I ever expected.

I had avoided Mothman for a long time. The previews had always looked cheesy to me. Unfortunately or fortunately actually, I was in Chicago on business last week and had a chance to watch a few minutes of it. Before I checked out of my room I had 30 minutes to kill so I turned on the TV and started watching Mothman. It really hooked me in and I was pissed that I had to turn it off and get to the airport. If you enjoy super natural thrillers with a twist ending this one was pretty darn good.

As for Old School? again I had zero interest in a frat house style comedy. Not my thing. But I've heard so many people talk about how funny it was that I thought I'd give it a try. With a great cast of Ferrel, Wilson, Vaughn, Piven and Juliette Louis I figured it was worth a gamble. There were plenty of jokes that didn't quite work. But plenty that made me laugh out loud. Over all a decent flick with some good stupid comedy laughs. Luke Wilson's acting talent kept things grounded while Vince Vaughn was freaking hilarious in nearly every scene he was in. While Will Ferrel was billed as the star he didn't really do much for me in the laugh department. But everyone else made up for it. And I love Jeremy Piven when he's teamed up in John Cusac films. But I felt he was wasted in this bitter dean of the school role. His comedic talent would have been better served as one of frat guys.
Over all still very funny.

So those are my thoughts on films I just rented.

Oh and I just saw Seabiscuit in the theater and loved it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Went horror tonight. Got two classics, one cheesy and one cool as hell, and one new release.

The cool: Hellraiser. Haven't seen this in years but Pinhead used to scare the hell out of me! They went too far with sequals, but this is a horror classic (didn't watch it today-probably early next week).

The cheesy: Return of the Living Dead. Gotta love this one! The graphics and zombies are terrible, they reuse shots over and over, and the acting wasn't near the best. Still, dead guys shouting for brains, super-hot NAKED red head, and a really cool concept make for a great cheesy horror flick. Watched it tonight (for the umpteenth time).

The new: House of 1000 Corpses. Didn't watch it today (Hey, I'm all alone in a new town-I'll watch it tomorrow during daylight hours!). Any thoughts on how good this was? Please, no spoilers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22