What's your honest SUNS vs. SPURS prediction?

What will the result of this Series be?

• Total voters

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I for one am really anxious about this series. Not sure if my fanage can take yet another early exit at the hands of the Spurs. I'm looking forward to it because I think this is the year we finally get the monkey off our back but it's going to be hell.

How do you all think this will play out?

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Spurs 4-2. I think Phoenix CAN win this series, and they have a better chance than last couple of times, but if I had to put money down on it, I'd go with Spurs in 6.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If the Suns can win this series, I wouldn't even care if we lost to the Fakers. We need to get this monkey off our backs.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I had to bet, Spurs in 6. The homer in me hopes Suns in 7.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns in 7. I correctly picked Suns in 6 for what it's worth.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Suns in 5. No way Phoenix clinches in SA (which is what would happen if it was Suns in 6), so I say it happens in 5.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We HAVE to win both games 1 and 2, IMO. Can't continue to blow HCA like we always do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's my call... we're going to win Game 1 in a squeaker, blow them out in Game 2, have a big comeback in Game 3 and WIN there as well... and then we'll lose the next 3 games only to come back in Game 7 at home, where Nash will make a three with 3 second left to give us a 100-99 lead only to see Manu get the inbound, throw up a shot from three-quarters court, which will fall woefully short but as Amare jumps up to grab the ball, it will bounce off his head RIGHT INTO THE BASKET with no time left giving the Spurs a 1 point win and making us the first NBA team EVER to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I mean, that's the ONLY way I can see us topping what's come before.

in all seriousness... sadly, Spurs in 6... and most likely some unfathomable turn of events will be a major factor why we lose.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's my call... we're going to win Game 1 in a squeaker, blow them out in Game 2, have a big comeback in Game 3 and WIN there as well... and then we'll lose the next 3 games only to come back in Game 7 at home, where Nash will make a three with 3 second left to give us a 100-99 lead only to see Manu get the inbound, throw up a shot from three-quarters court, which will fall woefully short but as Amare jumps up to grab the ball, it will bounce off his head RIGHT INTO THE BASKET with no time left giving the Spurs a 1 point win and making us the first NBA team EVER to blow a 3-0 series lead.

You jest, but you just fed the basketball gods an idea and now it's going to happen. I may have to ban you for this.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I mean, that's the ONLY way I can see us topping what's come before.

in all seriousness... sadly, Spurs in 6... and most likely some unfathomable turn of events will be a major factor why we lose.

:stick::stick::stick:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You jest, but you just fed the basketball gods an idea and now it's going to happen. I may have to ban you for this.

if it happens, a banning will be well deserved. although, if it happens, I'm pretty sure this entire board will spontaneously explode, thus there will be no where to ban me from.

meanwhile, I'm still JACKED UP to see just what's gonna happen. Win or lose. You know it'll be something talked about for ages... always is when these two teams play.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Spurs in 6. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite the thread title asking for my "honest" opinion I decided there is no force on earth that can get me to pick the Spurs. They may beat us, but I think somewhere between optimism and outright delusion is a nice place to pitch a tent so I picked Suns in 5. And if we don't have to complain about Nash and his health there's a good chance we could actually pull that off.

Steve

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Not only did he pick Suns in 6 for the first round, he picked each individual game correctly.

Let's hope he's right again!

As did I. (Even to the point of picking blowouts vs close games)

But this time I'm picking the Spurs in 6. Let's hope DCR is right in this series, and not me. :)

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Despite the thread title asking for my "honest" opinion I decided there is no force on earth that can get me to pick the Spurs. They may beat us, but I think somewhere between optimism and outright delusion is a nice place to pitch a tent so I picked Suns in 5. And if we don't have to complain about Nash and his health there's a good chance we could actually pull that off.

Steve

LoL I totally agree, I now realize I was being a hypocrite when I put "honest" because no matter how I feel deep down, I'll never, ever pick the Spurs. But this time, I really think we're gonna get em.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Let the record show that I, routinely criticized for being a knee-jerk pessimist, am saying Suns in 7.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05