Where were you ... ?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where were you when you heard that the Cards had locked Fitz up for years to come?

BIM and Mrs. BIM were driving along FR 218A (up near the 87/260 junction) pretty close to Milk Ranch Point. Literally back in the boonies with my almost dead cell phone being charged as we drove. Both our phones were roaming and not getting much of a signal at all. We usually just ignore them while we're on drives like this anyway...when suddenly I got a text. Cards signed Fitz to 8 years, $120 million.

:cool:

:newcards:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting at the computer. Posting on ASFN. Having a totally bad day for many reasons. Might sound hokey, but getting the text about the Fitz deal was the first time I smiled today/that day.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was perusing facebook like a nerd and saw two consecutive posts from friends posting about it.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Having all you can eat sushi with Shane for his Bday! Happy Bday Shane... good thing too I almost had to pay for his dinner. :)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was perusing facebook like a nerd and saw two consecutive posts from friends posting about it.

Thats where you find Cards news first.. And that someones aunt is a playboy bunny.. haha

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was in the parking lot at Lowes and a buddy of mine texted me the Adam Schecter* tweet. Insane amount of money, it's interesting to see a team build around a WR. Love Fitz though, let's win!! :)

*I'm not looking up how to spell it, and I have a guitar on the mind.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Just received a call from my son-in-law informing me...came here immediately to see the details.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Sitting on the couch watching Matt Leinart look like crap in the Saints-Texans game on NFL Network. Scroll came across the bottom of the screen....

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Disneyland!!!

I swear to God! I was on my way out of the park when I got the KTAR text.

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I woke up from a nap around 7:30ish when I checked my twitter on my phone and read Jurecki say something about Fitzgerald signed 8 year $120 million contract. I jumped up and ran to my computer to see the details.
Nice way to wake up.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was getting into the car with my kids. Had just buckled them up when my phone went off, I looked and then let out a WOOOOHOOOOOO!

It's ok, my kids know their daddy is crazy. They also know Fitz is awesome. :)

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had landed back home in Philly on a flight from... yes, Phoenix... when I turned on my phone and saw it on ESPN.com. I told my girlfriend, but she couldn't care less. I looked all over the plane for someone in Cards gear, but there was nobody!

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Sitting at the computer. Posting on ASFN. Having a totally bad day for many reasons. Might sound hokey, but getting the text about the Fitz deal was the first time I smiled today/that day.

Gasp!!! Again. You posted a lol at my joke and then you say the Fitz signing was the first time you smiled today? I'm hurt, destroyed, crushed...what were we talking about? :D

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I had the Texan game on behind me and was reading Twitter on the computer when Schecter reported it.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasp!!! Again. You posted a lol at my joke and then you say the Fitz signing was the first time you smiled today? I'm hurt, destroyed, crushed...what were we talking about? :D

Oh man. I am a total jerk face. (I would add LOL, but I am afraid to. Again, want to add LOL here as well.)

Laughing and smiling are, um, different.

Oh hell. I fudged up. FWIW, I have had very few LOLs and :) today. (Wanting to add some sorta smiley here, but can't seem to do it.)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Working. Driving 80 mph across I-10 trying to read twitter, espn, and ASFN.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Oh man. I am a total jerk face. (I would add LOL, but I am afraid to. Again, want to add LOL here as well.)

Laughing and smiling are, um, different.

Oh hell. I fudged up. FWIW, I have had very few LOLs and :) today. (Wanting to add some sorta smiley here, but can't seem to do it.)

It's ok! Being the magnanimous person that I am I will forgive your transgression. Mostly because I'm reveling in happiness with the signing of our team's best player! :p

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They say that good things come in threes. I had been watching Leinart throw 3 consecutive horrible passes in the red zone. Shortly thereafter, Rackers pushed his 35 yd fg to the right. Just below the screen, I was reading that the Cardinals had just extended Fitz. That was a great 3 minutes!!!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I were in the family room watching the D-Backs play the Braves, when my son dropped in and asked if we had heard the news. Half an hour later I saw the presser. Whhoooooottt !!!!!!!

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
On a tugboat in Norfolk VA. Love the signing. I thought the Cards would give him even more money than that so I am also happy with the contract.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Getting ready to go party with some friends and Paris Lenon's wife. Yea I said that. F yea I love this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05