Whiz: "We won't show anything today; we'll save our gameplan for next week"

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Very nice to hear the color commentator say that on Fox after he had his conversation with Whiz earlier in the week.

The question is......was Green Bay doing the same thing to us? If so, we're in more trouble than we think.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Very nice to hear the color commentator say that on Fox after he had his conversation with Whiz earlier in the week.

The question is......was Green Bay doing the same thing to us? If so, we're in more trouble than we think.

I doubt they were, but you never know.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
The two worst football terms for a Card fan are "vanilla offense" and prevent defense." Man, I hate it when we play that way. It's very hard to turn things off one week and go full bore the following week.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Schemes are one thing but the other aspect is players making plays which is completely missing today and we are completely dominated in all aspects

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Green Bay played two preseason games against us and won.

They looked so good we can hardly be expected to show up let alone win, having said that, we do still have to play the game unless Whiz just can't take the humiliation and simply forfeits.

For the good of the team he might just do that...[/sarcasm]

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Well hell....let's just forfeit next weeks game since everyone knows already that the Peckers will win.

Can you say sandbagging....I knew you could.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why is everybody loosing it? The cards didnt really play any starters except for the first 3 and out and didnt show anything on defense...Whiz knew he would scrap the game. Next week will be completely different, CC will play, Boldin will play, DRC will play and Cards win by 10

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why is everybody loosing it? The cards didnt really play any starters except for the first 3 and out and didnt show anything on defense...Whiz knew he would scrap the game. Next week will be completely different, CC will play, Boldin will play, DRC will play and Cards win by 10

Funny how you predict how everyone will play. CC is listed as the worst injury of the three by Urban, SNF just said that Boldin is worrying and will be a game-time decision, while DRC's injury luckily isn't that serious. Why shouldn't anyone be worried? Campbell being out would be a serious blow; we don't have another DE that is starter quality, and little depth. Iwebema and Branch for the whole game? And we've seen how bad Boldin can look on a bad wheel, if he can even go.

I don't care about the game. In fact, it should give the Cheesebrains false bravado that we can take advantage of. The injury impact may be serious, though. Enough of a possibility to cause concern.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Funny how you predict how everyone will play. CC is listed as the worst injury of the three by Urban, SNF just said that Boldin is worrying and will be a game-time decision, while DRC's injury luckily isn't that serious. Why shouldn't anyone be worried? Campbell being out would be a serious blow; we don't have another DE that is starter quality, and little depth. Iwebema and Branch for the whole game? And we've seen how bad Boldin can look on a bad wheel, if he can even go.

I don't care about the game. In fact, it should give the Cheesebrains false bravado that we can take advantage of. The injury impact may be serious, though. Enough of a possibility to cause concern.

Stout you are the voice of reason. I'm very concerned also.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its playoff football against a team that went 11-5 in the regular season. We better be concerned regardless of today's game.

Sounds exactly like last year.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Sounds exactly like last year.

This isn't last year & this team was perfectly healthy last year. While our record, running game & defense might be better, I see our passing game not as scary and the Oline more vunerable. We will see come next week.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The only difference is last year we were rather unknown and sputtered into the playoffs... this year teams are better prepared for our weapons.

But like they say, that's why games are played

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Seriously? I feel pretty damn good going into next week. Whis will have this team ready to play period. And if they donw, well they dont deserve to advance. But I expect a great game and a cards victory.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like all the media gurus pick Packers based on today's game!

Early returns show it's going to be 50/50 or so. The Pack will probably build up some momentum among the talking heads as the week wears on though.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the commentators said that Whiz had a full game plan ready in case the vikings lost but when their win made our game meaningless he put it aside until next week. So, we went in to this without the gameplan that had been practiced all week.

Buckybird

Reaction score
One of the commentators said that Whiz had a full game plan ready in case the vikings lost but when their win made our game meaningless he put it aside until next week. So, we went in to this without the gameplan that had been practiced all week.

Wiz stated the 2 gameplans in his news conferance afterwards

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm easily pleased, but after what we have been through with this team for YEARS.. I'm pretty damn happy we made it back to the playoffs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05