Who are you rooting for to win it all?

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
With the Suns out, who will you be rooting for to win the title? It could be down to the final two teams tomorrow If Miami manage to beat the Pistons.

A Heat/Spurs finals would be good to watch, Shaq going up against Duncan is alwasys a fun match-up.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
With the Suns out, who will you be rooting for to win the title? It could be down to the final two teams tomorrow If Miami manage to beat the Pistons.

A Heat/Spurs finals would be good to watch, Shaq going up against Duncan is alwasys a fun match-up.

I'm rooting for Miami. I think it would make for a more exciting Finals. Also, Detroit players and management workload of the other day saying that the Phoenix Suns don't play basketball. That's about all it took from me. :) I'm hoping San Antonio wins it all. Despite the flopping, they were a class act in the conference finals.

Joe Mama

Tank

Wifi Guru
Reaction score
I'm pulling for SA... After PHX I gotta stick to my Texas roots!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Spurs for two reasons.

1- My team is in the Western Conference. I will not root for an Eastern team in the Finals.

2- It's a slightly better feeling to be able to say that we were beaten by the '04-'05 NBA Champs (especially in this squad's first chance at competing for the Championship).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sentimentally, the Spurs. It makes our team look better, we lost to the champions. And, I like Duncan.

For excitement and the future of the league--Miami. Dwayne Wade and Amare for the next 10 years. It could end up being kind of like the old Lakers/Celtics rivalry.

Reaction score
Spurs. There are classy, regardless of Manu's acting. Plus we need to know that we got beat by the best.

But I still won't watch most of it, probably. I could barely watch half the games in last year's finals. The Miami-Detroit game is like watching a fish tank with dead fish. Spurs and whomever will be the same.

This should ensure that the handchecking rules are enforced even more next year.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Uh anybody but the Spurs. They are now our number 1 rival. I hate Ginobli and Poppab

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither. I hope I don't have to watch any of it. The weak officiating, the WWE like playing up of the complaints on foul calls, the flopping, the boring 80-75 games. Forget it. The ridiculous announcing. My damn Suns being out of it. No thanks. I am bitterman.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Yeah the officiating is on a new level crap this year. I couldn't believe some of the calls and non-calls. Even sportsguy mentioned how bad it was. You can drive and get hit and not get any call at all depending on which team your on.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I could careless. If it isnt my team I have no interest.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I'd have to say Miami, I guess. Only because Shaq thinks Amare is the "future of the NBA." :p

That, and I really...REALLY hate the Spurs and Pistons.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
lancelet's cousin said:
Spurs. There are classy, regardless of Manu's acting. Plus we need to know that we got beat by the best.

But I still won't watch most of it, probably. I could barely watch half the games in last year's finals. The Miami-Detroit game is like watching a fish tank with dead fish. Spurs and whomever will be the same.

This should ensure that the handchecking rules are enforced even more next year.

:stupid:

Detroit-Miami is a foul-a-thon. Boring.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Yeah the officiating is on a new level crap this year. I couldn't believe some of the calls and non-calls. Even sportsguy mentioned how bad it was. You can drive and get hit and not get any call at all depending on which team your on.

this just isn't correct. Every year people are going to have gripes about the officiating, but it has been much, much better this year. The star treatment has not been as bad, and overall I feel the games have been called more evenly. If you think otherwise I really think you need to go back and watch games from the last few seasons.

Joe Mama

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I'm rooting for Miami. I think it would make for a more exciting Finals. Also, Detroit players and management workload of the other day saying that the Phoenix Suns don't play basketball. That's about all it took from me. :) I'm hoping San Antonio wins it all. Despite the flopping, they were a class act in the conference finals.

Joe Mama

Totally agree- I'd also LOVE to see Shaq get his ass handed to him by Duncan again proving without a doubt that the MDE of this era of Duncan. Without a Kobe or a Wade Duncan will have won just as many titles as Shaq and more MVPs AND still be the team to beta for years to come. When all is said and done, Shaq SHOULD be looked at as Duncan's inferior IMO. He had more talent - but that doens't mean he's the better player. Shaq should have won 6 titles at least with the teams he palyed for but because he rarely was in shape, didn't play defense and couldn't hit throws, he only won half that many.

Bring the title back to the Western Conference where it belongs. Oh - I was rooting for the Pistons but they sound toomuch like the freaking Kings now whining and bitching about the refs. Just play the freaking game - every one of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan