• dod3logo6ly.jpg
    dod3logo6ly.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DodgersSuckAss.jpg
    DodgersSuckAss.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 123

HooverDam

Reaction score
Im rooting for the Rays, the've been down their entire existence, and I feel some bizarre sense of kinship with them since they came into the league w/ the D'backs. A D'backs v Rays world series would've been fun (if extremely low rated).

I'm rooting for the Cubs to go far but to get bounced in some comical, Disney movie esque turn of events.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No Cubs, Red Sox, or Dodgers in that order and after that I don't care. I grew up an Angels fan and still casually follow them so that's who I'll be cheering for.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Not the Dodgers...
I understand your sentiment. However, I have rooted in the playoffs for teams from the West since moving to Phoenix 30 years ago.

And in the World Series and All Star games, I have always rooted for the National League team.

There's another point of view. Although the Dodgers are by no means the strongest team entering the post-season, the better the team does that beat the D'backs, the less embarrassing for the D'backs.

So, yes, I'll be rooting for the Dodgers. Joe Torre out-managed Melvin, that's for sure.

Ironically, the Yankees were eliminated from the post-season for the first time in quite a few years, with Torre gone. And the Dodgers made it for the first time in quite a few years, with Torre there.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cubs vs Red Sox would be a great World Series. Brewers vs Rays would be a horrible World Series.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
No Cubs, Red Sox, or Dodgers in that order and after that I don't care. I grew up an Angels fan and still casually follow them so that's who I'll be cheering for.

come on Mao, im not supposed to agree with you, but thats exactly the order i hate in order. well done. Anyone but the cubs, redsox, or dodgers.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cubs vs Red Sox would be a great World Series. Brewers vs Rays would be a horrible World Series.

Why? Because of ESPN hype?

Brewers/Rays would be a great series showcasing teams that built teams through the draft. Much rather watch that than the media drivel a Sox or Cubs series would entail

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? Because of ESPN hype?

Brewers/Rays would be a great series showcasing teams that built teams through the draft. Much rather watch that than the media drivel a Sox or Cubs series would entail

You asked a question and I answered it. Watching a World Series game being played in a dome on artificial turf is not baseball. Tampa Bay has the worst stadium in the league. Give me a World Series with Wrigley and Fenway any day.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You asked a question and I answered it. Watching a World Series game being played in a dome on artificial turf is not baseball. Tampa Bay has the worst stadium in the league. Give me a World Series with Wrigley and Fenway any day.

Easy now...

And I asked a question back - that is what a message board is for.

But personally, choosing teams based on the stadium is baffling. I watch the players, not some overhyped dump.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Angels are OK -- and imagine if Arte Moreno had succeeded in buying the D-Backs... sigh.
Hate the whiny pathetic Cubs, don't like the Rays; I like a few Red Sox players, and grew up with them, so I might find myself rooting for them. I could root for Phillies, or White Sox if they get in. Actually, I'd like to see the Phillies make it.

Never the Dodgers.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easy now...

And I asked a question back - that is what a message board is for.

But personally, choosing teams based on the stadium is baffling. I watch the players, not some overhyped dump.

It's just not stadiums. I have the baseball package and have followed the Cubs and Red Sox a lot more than the Rays. The Cubs in the World Series against the Red Sox has many storylines. Both clubs deep in tradition. The Red Sox removing "The Curse of the Bambino" in 2004 and the Cubs trying to remove "The Goat" curse. It's been exactly 100 years since the Cubs have won the title.

The Rays have been a nice story but even with their success, the fans did not care until just recently. Watching the Rays play at home is like watching paint dry. If by chance the Rays played the Brewers, it would definitely be the lowest watched series.

Like I said, give me the Cubs and Red Sox any day over Tampa.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Angels are OK -- and imagine if Arte Moreno had succeeded in buying the D-Backs... sigh.
Hate the whiny pathetic Cubs, don't like the Rays; I like a few Red Sox players, and grew up with them, so I might find myself rooting for them. I could root for Phillies, or White Sox if they get in. Actually, I'd like to see the Phillies make it.

Never the Dodgers.

The Dodgers making the World Series would be so painful. I hope the Phillies win the east and the Mets get the wild card because then the Dodgers would have to play the Phillies, who I think would beat them.

HooverDam

Reaction score

He still would've been constrained by the old contracts still owed from the Colangelo era, and still would've been in a middle sized market, unlike what he has in LA. So its not really like he could spend as much money in Arizona as he can in LA.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
Angels & Phillies

So long as the Dodgers, Cubs and Red Sox all lose.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe I will be rooting for the Cubs, but I live 10 minutes from Wrigley.

Go Cubs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NL team of course but can't root for the Dodgers so GO CUBS!!! Might as well see some history if it can't be the Dbacks I would rather see the Cubs than someone who has already had it a few times lately.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NL team of course but can't root for the Dodgers so GO CUBS!!! Might as well see some history if it can't be the Dbacks I would rather see the Cubs than someone who has already had it a few times lately.
You must be registered for see images

Desert Quest

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd be fine with the Twins, Angels or Brewers. Neutral on the Rays and Phillies. Not rooting for the Cubs, White Sox, Mets and Dodgers.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fightin's , Fightin's, Fightin's

Time to handle business this weekend!

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up a Brewers fan.. So if they make it.. Thats who Ill be rooting for.. If and when they are out of it, Ill support my Philly friends (Philly,Jersey) and go with the Phillies..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05