Who told me last week that Blake is a good QB?

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope they have changed their mind. Who will finish further down in the standings? The Cardinals or the Coyotes?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardiologist
I hope they have changed their mind. Who will finish further down in the standings? The Cardinals or the Coyotes?

Since last place is as far as you can go, it will be a tie.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blake has talent but he was not available for no reason. Hasn't been real successful and he won't be with the Cards either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PJ1
Blake has talent but he was not available for no reason. Hasn't been real successful and he won't be with the Cards either.

You guys think we lose anywhere near as badly if Blake doesn't get hurt? He's clearly an upgrade over Jake, we can at least move the ball with him.

He apparently(I didn't see) made some bad decisions today, that sucks, it has to stop, but the guy is still outplaying Jake he just happens to be on a much worse team.

When a team makes this many TO's it's going to lose, the offense is showing it can move the ball but we have to stop the INT's and the fumbles or we're in for a long season.

I still think this team is better than last year, but I can't defend Mac much longer he has had more blowout losses than any coach I can remember, he needs to get this fixed or be unemployed.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well seeing the game as I did Blake caused his fair share of the problem he seems to not care about the health of his WR.

He seems to be pressing some and the pass to Johnson should not have been thrown he almost got him killed and he seems to not have too much problem with hanging out WR for death from what I see so far.

It is starting to look like a team that is caught in a desperate spiral where everyone begins trying to be the hero and that leads to bad results.

The Seahawks got real lucky on about 4 or 5 plays but even that wouldn't have turned the game around.

I can't help but think this coaching staff has lost the team as in they don't think the gameplan is going to work so they freelance.

IMHO that = coaching change

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
He apparently(I didn't see) made some bad decisions today, that sucks, it has to stop, but the guy is still outplaying Jake he just happens to be on a much worse team.

I'd usually agree with ya Russ, but not today. Jake had 3 TDs / 0 ints in a Denver win. They're 2-0. We're 0-2, and on our way to a series of Jay Leno jokes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Graves even messed up the QB sitaution this off season.He just got lucky.If you remember right,his first choice was Kordell Stewart.Blake just accpeted less money.We could have Kordell back there instead of Blake.At least Blake has an idea of what he's doing.

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
He has an even lower rating than plumma did last week...

Heel bruise? Is that some karma coming back to bite us in the ass for all the Boston Bashing?

OP
OP
C

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Denver had a choice of Stewart, Blake or Plummer. They choose Plummer. Chicago chose Stewart over Blake and the Cards settled for Blake. Denver is 2-0, Chicago is 0-2, but have scored in both games and the Cardinals are 0-2, being shutout in their first home game of the season and losing big to a bad Detroit team.

Is Blake really better then Plummer or is this just more home team thinking like it was when Plummer first became the starting QB of the Cardinals?

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Originally posted by HIX
Heel bruise? Is that some karma coming back to bite us in the ass for all the Boston Bashing?

At least Blake's injury you could see on replay instead of some mystery ailment that appeared during the week.

:D

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver had a choice of Stewart, Blake or Plummer. They choose Plummer. Chicago chose Stewart over Blake and the Cards settled for Blake. Denver is 2-0, Chicago is 0-2, but have scored in both games and the Cardinals are 0-2, being shutout in their first home game of the season and losing big to a bad Detroit team.

Is Blake really better then Plummer or is this just more home team thinking like it was when Plummer first became the starting QB of the Cardinals?

The Broncos won the first game in spite of Jake. I don't know about yesterdays game (Broncos) but Portis had a decent day.

Blake is a much better QB that Jake. We needed a change. Unfortunately he got hurt when we were down by only 14. I would like to think that we have a better chance with Blake in there. He is a vet and would not have, IMO, made rookie mistakes. He would have kept his head and rallied our team.

However, our D let us down with only getting one sack and giving up two touchdowns to Jackson.

Also, Grammattica stinks. Bring back Duncan.

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
blake is still high in the league on yards passing even tho he only played 1 qtr. the cards have no chance without him as noted sunday. we were down 7 to 0 when he went out. and as ive noted, this team needs to put big points on the board and that will only happen with jeff in the game...

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
You guys think we lose anywhere near as badly if Blake doesn't get hurt? He's clearly an upgrade over Jake, we can at least move the ball with him.

When a team makes this many TO's it's going to lose, the offense is showing it can move the ball but we have to stop the INT's and the fumbles or we're in for a long season.

I still think this team is better than last year, but I can't defend Mac much longer he has had more blowout losses than any coach I can remember, he needs to get this fixed or be unemployed.

Gee Russ, what do we do after Mac is gone and we still suck? Get rid of Smith and Blake so we can hold on to being the youngest team for another year.
Oh yeah, to get a decent coach it will cost the Bidwill's 5 million per. Before they do that, Bill Bidwill Jr. could very well be the next coach.

One more thing, why do you insist on comparing the "little fella" to Jake?
How about comparing E. Smith to Jones and Pittman.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vince56
I'd usually agree with ya Russ, but not today. Jake had 3 TDs / 0 ints in a Denver win. They're 2-0. We're 0-2, and on our way to a series of Jay Leno jokes.

Sorry I mean outplaying Jake when Jake was a Card.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys think we lose anywhere near as badly if Blake doesn't get hurt?

not 38-0 nothing bad - maybe 38-10 bad though.

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
Okay you 10/6 guys , how much longer do you want us to wait before we return all the crap you have been expounding?

If you keep on telling us how good Blake is I'm going to up-chuck.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM
Okay you 10/6 guys , how much longer do you want us to wait before we return all the crap you have been expounding?

Go ahead and give me all the crap you want. I think it's fun.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM
Gee Russ, what do we do after Mac is gone and we still suck? Get rid of Smith and Blake so we can hold on to being the youngest team for another year.
Oh yeah, to get a decent coach it will cost the Bidwill's 5 million per. Before they do that, Bill Bidwill Jr. could very well be the next coach.

One more thing, why do you insist on comparing the "little fella" to Jake?
How about comparing E. Smith to Jones and Pittman.

I'm not saying Mac is a horrible coach but Tobin got fired because everyone felt the team quit on him against Dallas in that 48-7 rout.

34-9, 31-7,44-10, 49-0, 37-7 and now 38-0. Those are all defeats under coach Mac since he got the job. 2001 this team was competitive. It has comparable talent now, if we can't get this team to compete then why keep Mac as coach?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM

That's my goal, to get you to upchuck.

It was 7-0 when BLake left the game, blaming him for the 38-0 loss is a bit out of whack in my opinion.

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM

I guess we could still be enjoying the tight spirals (ducks) that Jake threw into the oppositions waiting arms. Blake didn't cause the first turnover, a rookie going into a zone forgot he was going to get blasted on all sides. The interception was bobbled and left on the back of a defender for the pick.

Blake hasn't done a thing to make me want that useless waste of skin that now resides in Denver back. Did anyone notice the wobbling shot put he had for one touchdown? If a defender was in the same timezone it would have been amusing.

One thing I will say for the Broncos coaches, they have an amazing ability to get their receivers wide open.

Please feel free to toss all the gut bombs you need. From what I can tell, you may wear too much of a brown shaded lipstick that could be attributed to a former QB.

OP
OP
C

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
The Broncos won the first game in spite of Jake. I don't know about yesterdays game (Broncos) but Portis had a decent day.

Blake is a much better QB that Jake. We needed a change. Unfortunately he got hurt when we were down by only 14. I would like to think that we have a better chance with Blake in there. He is a vet and would not have, IMO, made rookie mistakes. He would have kept his head and rallied our team.

However, our D let us down with only getting one sack and giving up two touchdowns to Jackson.

Also, Grammattica stinks. Bring back Duncan.
All I did is make an observation. WHen Denver, Chicago and Arizona needed a QB Plummer, Stewart and Blake were available. Denver was the first to sign a QB and it was Plummer. CHicago was the second to sign a QB and it was Stewart. Arizona's QB was chosen for them.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
All I did is make an observation. WHen Denver, Chicago and Arizona needed a QB Plummer, Stewart and Blake were available. Denver was the first to sign a QB and it was Plummer. CHicago was the second to sign a QB and it was Stewart. Arizona's QB was chosen for them.

Actually Blake was signed before Stewart.

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
That's my goal, to get you to upchuck.

It was 7-0 when BLake left the game, blaming him for the 38-0 loss is a bit out of whack in my opinion.

What!!! Don't give me that crap about the "little fella" leaving early. This guy is the team LEADER. From all reports HIS team was flat from the get go. This on the day of their home opener. That's not good Russ.

What Parcells pulled off last night was good.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM
What!!! Don't give me that crap about the "little fella" leaving early. This guy is the team LEADER. From all reports HIS team was flat from the get go. This on the day of their home opener. That's not good Russ.

What Parcells pulled off last night was good.

Yeah well I just got back from the Tampa-Carolina game in Tampa sunday and talk about flat. The Bucs looked horrible, had 18 penalties, and should have got blown out had it not been for their defense.

Think that Johnson should be let go? Gruden?

Puhleease...you make no sense!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05