Who will have a better year, McCown or Plummer?

Who will have a better year? McCown vs Plummer

• Yardage: McCown

Votes: 61 64.2%
  • Yardage: Plummer

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • TD's: McCown

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • TD's: Plummer

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Picks: McCown

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Picks: Plummer

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Passer Rating: McCown

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Passer Rating: Plummer

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • Wins: McCown

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • Wins: Plummer

Votes: 65 68.4%

• Total voters

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Wins, TD's, Picks, Passer Rating, Yardage...
How will McCown stack up against Plummer?

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Ahmed will probably have more INT'S but i can't see him having the passing yards that Mccown will put up.Not with the Niners letting TO get away. :hairraise

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plummer is a 7 year veteran on a good team that also always has a running game.

Jake and the Broncos will thouroughly outproduce Josh and the Cards.

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
With Dennis Green's offense, I can see
McCown putting up some good numbers.

I can see him having more yards and completions than Jake,
probably more interceptions, but not as many wins.

The Denver offense is predicated on the run with the QB not
asked to carry the team. Green is working on that same thing,
but his offense looks to showcase passing.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCown will have a better year than Plummer. Denny's offense is very pass friendly. I think Denver will have a better record although the Cards will be improved over last year but really take another year for a playoff run. Denver will miss Portis and a lot more pressure will be on Plummer than last year.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

This is funny as hell.

McCown wins in every category : Passer rating, TD's, least amount of int's... yet Plummer is killing McCown in the 'Wins; category! LOL!

Are we predicitng lots of fumbles or just not able to stop anyone on defense? It must be one of those as McCown appears to be headed for an All-Pro year :confused:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

This is funny as hell.

McCown wins in every category : Passer rating, TD's, least amount of int's... yet Plummer is killing McCown in the 'Wins; category! LOL!

Are we predicitng lots of fumbles or just not able to stop anyone on defense? It must be one of those as McCown appears to be headed for an All-Pro year :confused:

It could very well happen :) I don't think were as good of an all around team as the Broncos right now. I think we'll get less rushing touchdowns and more passing td's.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
This is funny as hell.

I figured this would be interesting.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Nice job on the poll Double 1-

What a joke.

This poll proves how wrong people can be, clouded by some weird hatred of a former player.

Or ...

This poll proves a quarterback has nothing to do with W-L records.

Or ...

This poll proves no one REALLY wants to draft a quarterback. (Plummer had the 5th best passer rating in the NFL last year, so WE think Josh will make the Pro Bowl this year?)

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Good poll! McCown will rack up yards just by the offensive design. Jake will have more TDs, but MCCown will have more picks. THe Broncos defense will carry their offense this year. They'll finish 8-8, we'll finish 9-7 or 1-15.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oran said:
Good poll! McCown will rack up yards just by the offensive design. Jake will have more TDs, but MCCown will have more picks. THe Broncos defense will carry their offense this year. They'll finish 8-8, we'll finish 9-7 or 1-15.

:confused: I was with you until the last part..They'll finish 8-8, we'll finish 9-7 or 1-15.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I can see McCown winning in yards since the Cardinals will be behind more, and thus forced to throw more. Also, the donkeys can rely on their running game from time to time, where as I don't think we'll have that luxury.

I also think McCown will throw less picks than jake. Just a gut feeling I guess. Too many memories of Plummer throwing perfect strikes to the opposition.

Plummer gets the nod in the wins category of course. The Bronchos have improved their secondary, and will still be potent on offense even with no portis and sorry @ss jake at the helm.

Plummer got a lot of less-than-five yard TD passes last year. I predict that trend will continue in 04', and he'll beat Josh by nose in this category.

Thanks Section 11, a very good poll.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

I'll put a $5 dollar bet on that.

You up for it Skorp?

I think the Cards offense is going to be VERY good.

I also think the Donkies will implode this year.

Peace
:thumbup:

Bobbaloo we got a bet here!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

This is funny as hell.

The kid is smart enough to throw the ball to Boldin as much as possible.

You put the ball in the hands of guys that can make plays and the numbers start to add up!

I know this is the Cardinals we are talking about but IF we get Fitz we will have a 3 WR set that would rival any in the league.

Peace

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Jake and the Broncos will thouroughly outproduce Josh and the Cards.[/QUOTE
I think you meant to say "had a running game" :wave: they traded their best player in the redskins.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Toro said:
I think you meant to say "had a running game" :wave: they traded their best player in the redskins.

I know, it's just horrible. Shanahan has only had a running game for the last 2 seasons in Denver, it was completely non-existant before he drafted Portis. What the hell was he thinking? He'll never find an adequate replacement for CP.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Sharpe playing next year or is he retiring? I don't think I ever heard the final verdict.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think

they will have very similar years as QB's. They will almost mirror each other with a slight edge to Plummer. Win/loss will depend on depth and injuries.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I must be missing something...

Plummer only played 11 games last year... had a QBR of 91.2 averaged 200 yards per game and threw for 15 TD's...

Now as stats go, it is hard to compare apples and oranges but McCown is by far my worry point for the Cards this up and coming season... it shows that he actually played in 10 games - I know most of those were very low in time, 3 of them were all him.. I do not see what you guys are seeing but we all agree that Blake was not the man and did not get it done... Well if you compare the stats, they are near identical with Blake winning in a lot of categories... McCown's Pick to TD ratio is actually worse...

Please help me in killing my worries, what are you guys seeing that I am not?

You can hate Plummer for how he performed here or what he has done for the Cards, or heck even for ditching his fiance, but he has proven that he can get it done in the right place with the right coaching and player support... how can this poll honestly have these results?

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have McCown I have winning in yardage, but Plummer takes all the other categories including INTs.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Interesting to see how McCown in winning in most all categories. He is still pretty raw and will make a lot of mistakes. Plummer did pretty well last year considering his history with Cards. Safe to go with Plummer in all categories.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Assface said:
Is Sharpe playing next year or is he retiring? I don't think I ever heard the final verdict.

He says he's not sure yet, but it sounds like he's coming back. He said he was 100% sure of his decision and then his best friend Keith Burns went to Tampa, and that made him only 90% sure of his decision. If he was retiring, why would his best friend leaving make him less sure of that decision?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Plummer got a lot of less-than-five yard TD passes last year. I predict that trend will continue in 04', and he'll beat Josh by nose in this category.

Thanks Section 11, a very good poll.

Depends, most of those went to Sharpe who still appears to be retiring. The rumor on the Bronco board is they want to move up to get Winslow JR for that reason. If they do, Jake might not miss a beat. If he loses Portis and Sharpe and McCaffrey in one offseason, he's going to be hard pressed to come close to last years numbers, as would be the case with any QB losing those guys.

What I found interesting is so far they've been largely unsuccessful at signing a backup to Jake. They seemed to realize that they needed a mobile guy to run THAT offense, but they missed on Ricky Ray, Volek resigned in Tenn and they apparently haven't made up their mind on Kordell yet. There were rumors about Shaun King but he's a Cardinal now. So most Bronco fans expect them to take a QB on day 1, someone who's mobile, a guy like Losman might fit the need but most Bronco fans don't seem too excited about him.

That's really where I see the question mark on the team right now in Denver, they have to replace several key guys and it's going to be tough to do that AND get a reliable backup and last year proved that in that offense, they need a reliable backup.

He played terrific ball last year, it'll be interesting to see what that offense looks like this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05