why????

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Why havent we brought any CB's in? we only have two DB's signed and are only hoping that Hill resign's.. we need to sign at least one top CB FA and then draft one with either the 8th pick or our top 2nd round pick.. this area is way to thin. the more we wiat on this the more we will end up with zone cover corner that is past their prime and to slow to cover man-man... other than that I am some what please with the way the offseason is going so far...

GO CARDS

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
ONE NAME: Duane Starks. Why spend money on an aging, average CB in free agency when drafting a CB can get you a much better CB.

1st round CB's have been running the league as of late.

Guys like:
Marcus Trufant
Terrence Newman
Deangelo Hall
Dunta Robinson
just to name a few.....

I'd rather get one of these guys than a Ken Lucas.

Eventhough I like Kevin Dyson, and Nick Harper.
:thumbup:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one reason is you have to follow your free agency game plan. Add that to the fact that there will be a couple of real good cb's in the draft.

For instance, what if we were to make a trade with the Vikings for Bennett or the Bills for Henry? Suddenly it would become obvious that a dire need of drafting a rb ends. Thus we take the BPA, who very well could be a CB.

I'm sure that as we bargain with these free agents there is a certain amount of time we give for those respective players and agents to decide.

Really, can we promise the key to the city to a guy like Hartwell and promise the same key to Samarri Rolle? K.C. is supposedly talking to both of these players. From everything I've read they cannot afford both without cutting players.

Stay calm. Many of these teams are running out of cap space. Quite of few other teams will have to cut current players if they do come to terms with free agents that they are currently dealing with.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
I was listening to Denny on ESPN Radio earlier this evening and he said that he felt the current free agent market for cornerbacks was "way too expensive" or something to that effect. He said that unless the asking price came down, he'd be more apt to address the cornerback position in the draft.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Guys like:
Marcus Trufant
Terrence Newman
Deangelo Hall
Dunta Robinson
just to name a few.....

Add in Gamble. He had a pretty good first year as well.

With that in mind it also makes me feel the Green and his scouts are even better then we already think at evaluating rookie talent, becuase they tried to trade up for another good rookie that had a good year in Gamble, the also tried to trade up for another good rookie in Kevin Jones.

Oh man I cant wait for the draft. :thumbup:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have glaring needs at both CB and RB.... I don't like the idea of having multiple rookies in the defensive back field. Friggen Robert Tate and Macklin are the only two CB's on the roster, we need atleast 2 more....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
we need atleast 2 more....

We dont need 2 more CB's. We already have the powerhouses Tyrone Sanders and Clarence Curry over in NFLE. And dont forget about Rhett Nelson either. ;)