Your ideal coaching scenario....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Mine:

Hire Rivera as HC
Hire Chow as OC/AHC
Singletary as DC/AHC

Chow operates autonomously as OC and Rivera/Singletary tag team on the D. I don't know how we could get Chow out of TEN, but if it were a possibility, I'd say do it. We'd have the best up-and-coming staff in the league. Combine that with our existing talent and potential FAs and incoming rookies and we'd have the best recipe for success....

What's your scenario?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carroll as HC
Riviera as DC
Chow as OC

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's Singletary's official status/title in SF? Is he under contract? If so, we're out of luck. Is his title Assistant HC? If so, we're also out of luck.

But if it's DC, and he's not under contract, we could hire him. Or we could hire him as Ass't HC since it would represent a promotion.

Key to Pendergast's value has to be the degree of influence he had over our DB's. If he was forced to cede power to Solomon (due to DG politics), the periodic suckiness of our pass defense may not have been Clancy's fault. If he were to remain DC, one thing I'd like to know is who he'd hire as DB Coach?

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Parcells - HC
Bill Walsh - OC
Belicheck - DC

GM - Scott Pioli

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I looked up Singletary earlier in the week thinking that he would be a great choice for DC.. his postion is Asst HC/LB coach and is still under contract.. I would like to seem him take over the DC on whom ever we hire..

and another possible DC hire is Ricky Hunley (LB coach, Cinn).. worked with Spurrier(Miami) and has been with Marvin for a few years now.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Schottenheimer gets the axe....that's still my ideal situation.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

I'd like Chow to be the HC, but I'd really like something along the lines of:

Whisenhunt HC
Grimm OC

If the Steelers went with Chan Gailey, this could even be a realistic possibility. Not probablity, mind you, but possibility.

Still though, Chow as HC, whomever he wants as assistants and Pendy looking for a job..