you're on the clock with the #6 pick

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
and Suggs is available. All of a sudden, the NY Jets call and offer you their two first rounders to move up into #6. Do you do the trade/

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I don't make the trade. Especially for Kelsay at 13.....yeeech. I'd have made the trade in that situation if we had signed Holliday or Colvin. But, since we whiffed in free agnecy for a DE, you've got to take the surest thing you can get in the draft. Even though there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
No, I don't make the trade. Especially for Kelsay at 13.....yeeech. I'd have made the trade in that situation if we had signed Holliday or Colvin. But, since we whiffed in free agnecy for a DE, you've got to take the surest thing you can get in the draft. Even though there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Besides which, I'm getting colder and colder about ever drafting another lineman (offensive or defensive) from Nebraska again! :D

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
No, no, and hell no!

You do not pass up one of the most explosive players in the draft who doubles as an immediate fan favorite. I can't recall a guy as gifted in rushing the quarterback as T Suggs. Just look at his tackles for loss if you think he's a one-dimensional football player. Everything about him tells me he'll be one of the best DEs for years to come. And the best part is he's not even 21 yet. He's already the all-time NCAA sack leader and he can still get better.

And did I mention that he WANTS to play for AZ?

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe he tells everybody he wants to be drafted by the Cardinals, and we get him. Didn't Elway refuse to play for the team that drafted him, hell it worked out for him.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes you make the trade but I am not sure for the players EndZone listed. An extra first round pick increases the odds of the Cards first rounder panning out and they won;t have to pay top ten salary/ Theoretically, both would be in camp on time due to them not being top 10 picks which are the usual holdouts (Bryant was an exception last year obviously). Suggs isn't a sure thing no matter how badly some on this board want to will it so.

On a slightly differnet subject, doesn't anyone find it troubling he actually wants to play for the Cards when nobody else seems to want to? :D I mean, it is almost like he is chemically imbalanced or something. :D

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
If Leftwich is there you draft him first off, if not, then you take Suggs and do not trade down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan

I agree with AJ I don't want Kelsay or McDougle at that point in the draft. I think McDougle will be a pretty good pro player, just not a #13 pick in my book.

Jacobs scares me, he barely played behind Caldwell and Gaffney then has one pretty good year(which is not uncommon in that offense for a WR). I'm not convinced if even the really great Florida WR's have struggled in the NFL what will Jacobs do?

If Suggs is there it implies to me that Johnson is gone anyways so why would the Jets want to move up?

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
No. I hope this is the last top ten pick we have for YEARS to come. If we use this year's pick on Suggs, I think we have a much better chance of that happening. Even if Suggs is gone, I still keep the pick. I can't see any team giving up two #1's for the #6.

azsports

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
No. I hope this is the last top ten pick we have for YEARS to come. If we use this year's pick on Suggs, I think we have a much better chance of that happening. Even if Suggs is gone, I still keep the pick. I can't see any team giving up two #1's for the #6.
I agree. We can't afford to miss Suggs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and Suggs is available. All of a sudden, the NY Jets call and offer you their two first rounders to move up into #6. Do you do the trade/
No.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'd take Suggs. If I made that trade, I'm okay with McDougle and that is about where I expect him to go. I wouldn't take Jacobs, as Florida receivers are somewhat a product of that system.

I have heard amazing things about McGahee's recovery, but unless he runs at his workout, I couldn't take him that early. I might stay with defensive ends and take Haynes. I actually like the combination of Bryant and Tanner inside, though more depth is needed. With rush pressure from both ends, Bryant would be a far more effective rusher in the middle.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky

Today, I would do it.

I'd try to get Bailey, Faine, and McGahee with my first three picks.

Tomorrow, I'm not sure.

I'm never drafting for need again if I'm the Cardinals.
I'm filling needs in free agency and getting atheletes in the draft.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough choice.

But I say yes. We can get a DT/DE and WR in the first 2 rds and fill the holes we have.

I want Suggs but everyone has a price..

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
First off since the Texans already offered the Jets their #3 for only one of the Jets first round picks and Lamont Jordan, i highyl doubt they will come calling with both #1 picks.

but since this team has zero plan for upgrading the WR/DE position, then yes they could use extra picks right now. I earlier said suggs, but now im not so sure

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hell yeah I'd take that trade.

13-Dewayne Robertson-DT or Marcus Trufant-CB

22-Jonathan Sullivan-DT or Kevin Williams-DT or Jeff Faine-C or Kelley Washington.

37-Antwaan Peek-DE

We can upgrade our defensive line in two areas as well as possibly fill our need at cornerback, wide receiver, or center. We need more people as long as they are quality players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chopper0080
Hell yeah I'd take that trade.

13-Dewayne Robertson-DT or Marcus Trufant-CB

22-Jonathan Sullivan-DT or Kevin Williams-DT or Jeff Faine-C or Kelley Washington.

37-Antwaan Peek-DE

We can upgrade our defensive line in two areas as well as possibly fill our need at cornerback, wide receiver, or center. We need more people as long as they are quality players.

Robertson and even Kevin Williams probably will not be there at 13.