2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think any trade involving pick #4 will come soon if comes at all. Trading sooner rather than the day of the draft, allows the Cardinals to tell teams that “we really want Harrison Jr., so you better bring the Brinks truck of trade assets”. Waiting until the draft runs the risk of Harrison Jr. being taken before pick #4, and then the Cardinals look desperate to move off that pick. We literally hold all of the “Cards”. Sit still and have a 90% or better chance Harrison Jr. is there and just take him, or completely fleece a team like the Vikings (pick #11, #23, Jordan Addison, and a high pick next year). If the Vikings balk at that, call the Giants. Play those two against each other. Tell the Giants you want #6 and Dexter Lawrence.
The Giants laugh & hang up.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can we please stop the "trade for 50 picks" madness, and get an elite player? Apparently we learned nothing for losing out on the rookie defensive player of the year at a desperately needed position last year.
Agree. If Monti just stays true to the board, we’d have Will Anderson, DROY at a position of need, by all accounts Marvin, the favorite for OROY at a position of need, DJ Humphries, who will be back healthy at some point, and Jonah Williams.

Instead, if Monti trades this year, we have PJJ, Jonah Williams, and a bunch of hope to hit on draft picks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. If Monti just stays true to the board, we’d have Will Anderson, DROY at a position of need, by all accounts Marvin, the favorite for OROY at a position of need, DJ Humphries, who will be back healthy at some point, and Jonah Williams.
We probably win enough games to be out of Marvin range if we drafted Will last year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you take the emotion of getting MHJ out of your mind, trading down and getting multiple picks gives us more flexibility to move around the draft and target guys we do want. There's a lot of WR talent in this draft. Of course with 11 picks, you could let the draft come to you and just take BAA, because almost any position fills a hole for us.
Yes, constantly trading away blue-chip players in the draft to add more non-blue chip players is totally the way to add the stars to this roster that it so desperately needs.

Do I even need to add the emoji?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes, constantly trading away blue-chip players in the draft to add more non-blue chip players is totally the way to add the stars to this roster that it so desperately needs.

Do I even need to add the emoji?
Could be argued, as so many have pointed out, this roster is bare. Maybe more B rated guys over a few A+ guys, might build faster?

Stout

Reaction score
Could be argued, as so many have pointed out, this roster is bare. Maybe more B rated guys over a few A+ guys, might build faster?
All we're doing is adding B-rated guys. Do we have one Big John on the roster? Maybe? Two? Doubtful. B-rated guys? Over 10.

We have a desperate need for a pass rusher--which we could've had last year. We now have a desperate need for multiple WRs and are poised to get the best one. Do the smart thing and accept that gift.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All we're doing is adding B-rated guys. Do we have one Big John on the roster? Maybe? Two? Doubtful. B-rated guys? Over 10.

We have a desperate need for a pass rusher--which we could've had last year. We now have a desperate need for multiple WRs and are poised to get the best one. Do the smart thing and accept that gift.
What if you trade down and get Brock Bowers? Not like we have that good of a TE. Not even close. That would depend on what we would get to trade down, of course. Maybe they want Alt? They could trade down and STILL get a blue chip player, at least in theory. I would be happy with MHJ. I also would be happy with any of the top 14 guys in this draft. Not like I would quit watching the Cards if they don't take MHJ.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

There isn't a guarantee that Harrison is a "big John".

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It will take a king's ransom to trade down to 11 and if it happens Monti will trade back up to #7 and draft Odunze or Nabors.

Just stay at 4 and take MHJ.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if you trade down and get Brock Bowers? Not like we have that good of a TE. Not even close. That would depend on what we would get to trade down, of course. Maybe they want Alt? They could trade down and STILL get a blue chip player, at least in theory. I would be happy with MHJ. I also would be happy with any of the top 14 guys in this draft. Not like I would quit watching the Cards if they don't take MHJ.
Drafting Alt doesn't make much sense to me given Jonah Williams' contract. We would be paying him $15 million to be a backup or the #4 pick in the draft wouldn't be playing in their rookie year. :bang:

Stout

Reaction score
WTF are you even talking about? McBride was a top-10 TE. Brock Bowers? Leaving Wilson as our #1 and Moor and Paschal playing significant snaps? Gimme a break.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
WTF are you even talking about? McBride was a top-10 TE. Brock Bowers? Leaving Wilson as our #1 and Moor and Paschal playing significant snaps? Gimme a break.
Bowers is being touted a a generational TE. Being compared to guys like Travis Kelce.

You must be registered for see images attach

So you pass this up just because you have McBride? I thought you take Best Available? :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brock freaking Bowers is highly likely to get Monti's ass kicked.
Dude is a fired GM waiting to happen

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Drafting Alt doesn't make much sense to me given Jonah Williams' contract. We would be paying him $15 million to be a backup or the #4 pick in the draft wouldn't be playing in their rookie year. :bang:
Or we just put the rookie in at LG for a year or two so he can adjust to the NFL without dealing with speed rushers ...and upgrade the position at the same time.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many act like OT wasn't a glaring need as well as edge. Monti prioritized OT because of KM. That makes sense to me. Time will tell if Anderson was heads and shoulders better than Paris.

I'm good if MHJ is the pick and I'm also good if Monti trades back and gets a ton of draft capital. So many excellent WRS in this draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re down on mcbride? He was my bit of hope from last season.