2024 Free Agency thread

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap… and he’s the epitome of average for “good” WRs…. His YPC overall and his extreme lack of TDs…. Good for him though.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah I was thinking the same, although he has had some trash QB's. But certainly not a top 10 WR in the league.

If I'm a GM I'm drafting a WR in the first couple of days most years. There's often a deep class and if you hit it saves a packet the way WR salaries are going.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Holy crap… and he’s the epitome of average for “good” WRs…. His YPC overall and his extreme lack of TDs…. Good for him though.

Yes. He's a star WR who might bubble up into the top 15 of WRs but unlikely to consistently land there or conjure a top 10 season or better. I think he's the absolute floor, worst-case scenario for Marvin Harrison, Jr., barring a catastrophic injury.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes. He's a star WR who might bubble up into the top 15 of WRs but unlikely to consistently land there or conjure a top 10 season or better. I think he's the absolute floor, worst-case scenario for Marvin Harrison, Jr., barring a catastrophic injury.
I'll also add that I think this is Michael Wilson's absolute ceiling, but I doubt he ever sees this kind of target volume (142 per season the past three years).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll also add that I think this is Michael Wilson's absolute ceiling, but I doubt he ever sees this kind of target volume (142 per season the past three years).
Def unlikely because the tea leaves seem to be reading that if we draft the way we all hope he’s relegated to a #2 at best…. Do many #2s see that kind of target volume? I don’t really know.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
unless it is a one year deal that is not a lot is it?
Less than Courtland Sutton got on his rookie extension signed in 2021, more than Michael Gallup got on his free agent deal signed in 2022.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Def unlikely because the tea leaves seem to be reading that if we draft the way we all hope he’s relegated to a #2 at best…. Do many #2s see that kind of target volume? I don’t really know.

It'll depend on the offense. I think a very good #2 like Tee Higgins (CIN) or DeVonta Smith (PHI) see about 100 targets a year.

The FA chatter about Gabe Davis is nil in the channels I listen to. I wonder if the Cards have a shot at him after all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Calling him a star is demented.

He's a pretty good #2 at his best

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Pittman is the epitome of possession receiver.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Calling him a star is demented.

He's a pretty good #2 at his best

I've talked about this before, but my rating spectrum is

Elite: consistently top 5 at the position; everyone knows who he is
Superstar: Consistently top 10 at the position; every NFL fan knows who he is
Star: Consistently top 25 at the position; every fantasy football player knows who he is
Solid starter: Could start for 17 NFL teams or more.
Average player: Could realistically start on a playoff team.
Replacement level: Could start for the Arizona Cardinals.

Under this rubric, Michael Pittman is obviously a star; I even explained the definition in my post. I'd appreciate less inflammatory language -- free agency has just begun.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The lack of “non-signings” right off the bat at 12:01 pm is interesting. Usually there’s a flurry of league activity the moment the FA begins.
The market is just super-thin. I think that's a good explanation for why so many guys are also re-signing.

Some of the marquee names who are getting released can't even talk yet because the release won't post until the league new year (I think).

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine being an Monti Ossenfort fan and tossing bricks at Howie Roseman.

That's a massive overpay for any Guard, especially one who's never been All Pro and in his 3 years has never topped a PFF grade of 70.

I was going to say I'm not sure why you have to turn it into a dig on Monti, but I am sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The market is just super-thin. I think that's a good explanation for why so many guys are also re-signing.

Some of the marquee names who are getting released can't even talk yet because the release won't post until the league new year (I think).
As you’ve noted many times before, the market’s always thin and there’s still some impact makers out there I would have expected noise from.