2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I too think it's a good idea. However it's obvious the numbers need adjusted. Maybe 55, or 50 games? Maybe 15 minutes? :shrug:

I think the minute requirements should be removed entirely from Most Improved Player. There's no minute restriction for Sixth Man or Rookie of the Year. Most Improved shouldn't have one either. All NBA/All Defensive makes some sense but not the additional awards.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There is something about Trae's game I just don't like. He can be dynamic offensively but he is also an albatross defensively. I mean really bad. I watched him multiple times this season and he couldn't keep backup guards in front of him. If your team need is offense and you have a ton of defense already? OK. I would take Austin Reeves in a heartbeat on our team. Reeves wasn't the reason the Lakers are not a great team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is something about Trae's game I just don't like. He can be dynamic offensively but he is also an albatross defensively. I mean really bad. I watched him multiple times this season and he couldn't keep backup guards in front of him. If your team need is offense and you have a ton of defense already? OK. I would take Austin Reeves in a heartbeat on our team. Reeves wasn't the reason the Lakers are not a great team.

Funny cause Reeves would probably be just as good as Trae if he shot it as many times. But there's a reason why Murray was big last night, he's clutch yes, but he went quickly at Reeves. They can both be easily targeted.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny cause Reeves would probably be just as good as Trae if he shot it as many times. But there's a reason why Murray was big last night, he's clutch yes, but he went quickly at Reeves. They can both be easily targeted.
We wouldn't be asking Reeves to do the same things on this team. I was thinking about it just from having a competent ball handler perspective.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We wouldn't be asking Reeves to do the same things on this team. I was thinking about it just from having a competent ball handler perspective.

I see, I just think he falls into the Booker/Beal category as far as skills go. Maybe better handles than Book, worse shooting. Better offense than Beal.

I try not to buy into Lakers players hype though as his stats say he is an ok-good player, just not as great as the league and media make him out to be. His 3pt percentage is 37% and free throw at 85%, you would think those percentage would be better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Send KD to play with LeBron. KD coming off one of his most productive and injury free seasons. One of his highest MPG, too!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I still give Trae the better shooting nod. But Reeves is a much better defender and arguably a better overall player. Trae has potential to be a Curry type of shooter. though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Send KD to play with LeBron. KD coming off one of his most productive and injury free seasons. One of his highest MPG, too!
Screw that. Why would you even entertain such a thought? Make the Lakers better? Sure, why not!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Screw that. Why would you even entertain such a thought? Make the Lakers better? Sure, why not!!
I was thinking more along the lines of making them the new big three. Where all three guys are just a rolled ankle away from not being available. If everyone here feels KD is a team destroyer, then what better place to send him that the Lakers? :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One of the criticisms of the CP3 trade is we traded him a season too late to get maximum trade value. KD is arguable, at his age, at peak form this season. How many more will we get from him? I am probably the biggest KD guy on this board. I am a bigger Suns fan, though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Lakers coaching vacancy plus no Lue availability equals it not being a good off season for the Suns to try and find a new head coach, unfortunately.
Maybe this is what the Suns were waiting for. Checking to see who might become available before making a call on Vogel. If they had made a call on Vogel and the availability was poor they would be screwing themselves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison