2023 Phoenix Mercury Regular Season Thread

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Went to the game with my son.

First WNBA game.

He's been taking about Sabrina Ionescu, so I figured we might as well watch her and introduce him to some other names

Of course it was women empowerment night and my wife and daughter stayed home ........

Overall a really good performance. The in game was solid, stadium was lower only but mostly fully open.

Fairly good sized crowd.

DT open with a pair of catch and release 3s and then hit her next..... Struggled to get anything to fall for the remainder and could only play for spurts

NY was much better, but Phx kept it close for a half

Overall it was a really enjoyable game and environment - would definitely go again

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

First WNBA game.

He's been taking about Sabrina Ionescu, so I figured we might as well watch her and introduce him to some other names

Of course it was women empowerment night and my wife and daughter stayed home ........

Overall a really good performance. The in game was solid, stadium was lower only but mostly fully open.

Fairly good sized crowd.

DT open with a pair of catch and release 3s and then hit her next..... Struggled to get anything to fall for the remainder and could only play for spurts

Overall it was a really enjoyable game and environment - would definitely go again
Did you walk on the court during the game? I haven't done that yet, but next game I am going down to stroll on the court! IDK, if it happened in your game, but usually during a time out, the PA announcer tells the crowd it's time to walk around the court. They play music, and everyone strolls or dances around the court. Craziest thing I have seen in a pro game. Then they announce time to go back to your seats and everyone leaves the court in a timely manner, and the game resumes! LOL!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
That's wild. There wasn't any of that.

They did have a section behind one basket that looked like a mini entertainment zone.

Couldn't imagine how it would work as there was a pretty good sized crowd.

They did have a timeout/promo contest where the mascot was hiding in the stadium and the contestant had to run and find them.

Was laying down on the steps to a club box in the corner. People in the nearby section were pointing, but the woman had to pretty much run all the way up, cut across the rows, up some more.

The prize was a $500 prepaid card, which was pretty legit for a stadium game

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We have to be tanking. I don't think we have our first round pick next year. Gonna do some research to find out.

Edit: We project to have the second pick in the upcoming draft. So I guess we still have the pick. I thought we traded it away.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looks like it will be a long day for the Mercury. New coach, same problems turning the ball over. That's been the weakness for the Mercury for at least a decade now.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First WNBA game.

Fairly good sized crowd.

Alex and I were there as well. First time this year.

The Liberty are just a better team. Especially when Phx was missing Griner.

Ionescu is a great player - but you would hope an overall #1 would be.

Mercury games are always fun, good crowd. Mercury are usually among the league leaders in attendance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn