2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here is what Monti turned that 2023 #3 overall pick into through multiple trades with the Texans, Lions and Titans:

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones
That’s not true unless you count the 34th overall pick (Sam Laporta). We already had a second round pick in the draft.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not true unless you count the 34th overall pick (Sam Laporta). We already had a second round pick in the draft.
Yes we all know that.

Just saying what Monti was able to turn that initial trade into. All of these players drafted by the Cardinals are associated with that first trade at #3 overall with the Texans:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then the picks from the Lions:

Then the pick from the Titans:

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is what Monti turned that 2023 #3 overall pick into through multiple trades with the Texans, Lions and Titans:

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones
Just to play devil's advocate you'd also have to list every player that was picked with the draft picks monti traded with the Texans/falcons/Detroit.

But hey- if ojulari steps up this year and Darius Robinson is a ******** on the line - it's going to come out a great trade. If they underperform- it's going to be a crappy one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate you'd also have to list every player that was picked with the draft picks monti traded with the Texans/falcons/Detroit.

But hey- if ojulari steps up this year and Darius Robinson is a ******** on the line - it's going to come out a great trade. If they underperform- it's going to be a crappy one.
I'm only concerned with Cardinals. I'm not worried about who other teams selected.

These are the players who ended up on the Cardinals that all started with that first trade of #3. The only thing that matters for me as a Cardinal fan is that some of these picks hit.

IMO Paris Johnson has already proven to be a solid started. I believe that Paris could eventually grow into an elite OT. I'm very high on Wilson and think he will become a full time starter at CB. BJ and the rookies are still unproven.

There is the potential that the Cardinals could walk away with 3-4 solid starters out of this chain of trades alone. That in my book would be a pretty impressive haul.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes we all know that.

Just saying what Monti was able to turn that initial trade into. All of these players drafted by the Cardinals are associated with that first trade at #3 overall with the Texans:

Then the picks from the Lions:

Then the pick from the Titans:

Out of all of those players...we will be lucky to get 3 average starters. The Texans got the DROY and future all-pro.

Its not nearly the trade everyone claims it to be. Its still very much up in the air who got the better deal, and if Anderson turns into a 12 sack a year guy that defenses have to gameplan around...and we end up with midling starters...then the Texans win the trade hands down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only concerned with Cardinals. I'm not worried about who other teams selected.

These are the players who ended up on the Cardinals that all started with that first trade of #3. The only thing that matters for me as a Cardinal fan is that some of these picks hit.

IMO Paris Johnson has already proven to be a solid started. I believe that Paris could eventually grow into an elite OT. I'm very high on Wilson and think he will become a full time starter at CB. BJ and the rookies are still unproven.

There is the potential that the Cardinals could walk away with 3-4 solid starters out of this chain of trades alone. That in my book would be a pretty impressive haul.
Sorry dude… excluding what we had to give up to get Paris in the move up in 2023, only highlighting the possible good that came out of the trade without acknowledging the possible bad is a completely specious argument.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sorry dude… excluding what we had to give up to get Paris in the move up in 2023, only highlighting the possible good that came out of the trade without acknowledging the possible bad is a completely specious argument.
Please don't worry that we could have had Sam Laporta when we actually have BJ Ojulari.

In MCD's defense, it sounds like he's (as he occasionally does) posting his thoughts/notes without making an argument. That's fine, even if we disagree. ;)

I do think it's dishonest not to consider that we gave up the 34th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft to move up for Paris. That's obviously part of the cost, not just the #12 overall.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If it makes you feel better then you can look at it like this

2023 #3 and 2023 #34 were essentially turned into:

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones
We gave up more than the #3 pick because we had to move back up to get PJJ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But your premise wasn’t “these are cardinals.” It was “these are cardinals we got from trading #3,” which isn’t accurate because we had to trade more than #3 to get them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

2025 #3 and 2025 #34 were essentially turned into:

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones
You mean 2023

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Out of all of those players...we will be lucky to get 3 average starters. The Texans got the DROY and future all-pro.

Its not nearly the trade everyone claims it to be. Its still very much up in the air who got the better deal, and if Anderson turns into a 12 sack a year guy that defenses have to gameplan around...and we end up with midling starters...then the Texans win the trade hands down.

If, if, but, but...

Where is it written that Anderson is a future All-Pro?

Saying so is about as relevant as me ascribing the same result to Paris.

With seven sacks, Anderson was tied for #51 in 2023, 5.5 less than Greenard and 9.5 behind Hunter, who the Texans brought in to replace Greenard.

Future All-Pro? You can crown his (xxx), I won't.

If PARIS gives the Cards solid o-line play over two contracts, very few will mention Anderson's name.

Last edited:

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If, if, but, but...

Where is it written that Anderson is a future All-Pro?

Saying so is about as relevant as me ascribing the same result to Paris.

With seven sacks, Anderson was tied for #51 in 2023, 5.5 less than Greenard and 9.5 behind Hunter, who the Texans brought in to replace Greenard.

Future All-Pro? You can crown his (xxx), I won't.

If PARIS gives the Cards solid o-line play over two contracts, very few will mention Anderson's name.
Well he was DROY, had 7 sacks and 64 QB pressures...and now he had Danielle Hunter across from him. You can right him off if you want, but I won't. Levi Brown gave us 2 contracts, did we still talk about Peterson?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

2023 #3 and 2023 #34 were essentially turned into:

2023:
OT Paris Johnson Jr
Edge BJ Ojulari
CB Garrett Williams

2024:
DL Darius Robinson
G Isaiah Adams
CB Elijah Jones
Correct, picks #3 and #34 were Will Anderson and Sam Laporta. So we gave up two probable perennial pro bowlers for a handful of question marks. Sure Paris was above average for a rookie OT but I would much rather have the impact players. Only time will tell. If our 6 picks end up producing at least 3-4 high end players, then it might have been a good trade.
I think that is why most of us were hoping that Monti didn't get cute this year to try and trade away a sure fire impact player for a bunch of maybe's.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well he was DROY, had 7 sacks and 64 QB pressures...and now he had Danielle Hunter across from him. You can right him off if you want, but I won't. Levi Brown gave us 2 contracts, did we still talk about Peterson?

I don't 'write' him off, nor do I see him as the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.

Peterson's name does crop up because he's a future Hall of Famer.

Are you adding that to your predictions regarding Anderson?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, picks #3 and #34 were Will Anderson and Sam Laporta. So we gave up two probable perennial pro bowlers for a handful of question marks. Sure Paris was above average for a rookie OT but I would much rather have the impact players. Only time will tell. If our 6 picks end up producing at least 3-4 high end players, then it might have been a good trade.
I think that is why most of us were hoping that Monti didn't get cute this year to try and trade away a sure fire impact player for a bunch of maybe's.

Trying to compare what other teams selected to what the Cardinals selected is a Fool's Errand. How do you compare a 4-3 DE to an Offensive Tackle? How do you grade a single Offensive Lineman when it is more of a team/unit based position? How do you project a player who played in a 4-3 defense to a team that runs a completely different defensive scheme? How do you grade a player who is surrounded by elite talent to a player who plays on a team with a limited roster? There are just too many variables.

This is why I believe it should all be about the players who the Cardinals selected. IMO the Cardinals need quality starters out of this group of 6 and that is all that matters at this point. At a minimum the Cardinals need at least two sure fire starters out of this group of 6. Everything else would be gravy after that.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't 'write' him off, nor do I see him as the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.

Peterson's name does crop up because he's a future Hall of Famer.

Are you adding that to your predictions regarding Anderson?
No...but I sure hope your extremely modest expectations of the #6 overall pick for "solid o-line play" are exceeded. Kelvin Beechum gave us "solid o-line play".

When you pick a player in the top 6...you should hope they are pro-bowlers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
IMO the Cardinals need quality starters out of this group of 6 and that is all that matters at this point. At a minimum the Cardinals need at least two sure fire starters out of this group of 6. Everything else would be gravy after that.
I think the Cards need to get three solid starting quality (can start for half the teams in the NFL) out of the first three rounds in the 2024 draft to show a minimum level of competence.

This team doesn't have many meaningful free agents over the next two years. They have to be building, because there's no one great in front that would block a young prospect. If you're swinging for doubles, your average has to be high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort