2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

John Weinfuss of ESPN.com reports that, even though Harrison hasn’t signed the NFLPA licensing deal, he has an existing deal with Fanatics, the distributor of NFL player jerseys.

Per the report, Harrison signed the contract with Fanatics before the 2023 season. The deal is worth more than $1 million, and it covers autographs, signed trading cards, game-worn apparel and other marketing opportunities. Harrison reportedly is trying to use his reluctance to sign the standard NFLPA licensing deal as leverage to do a new Fanatics deal.

While union membership is mandatory, no player is required to sign the NFLPA licensing deal. Former NFL linebacker LaVar Arrington is one of the most prominent examples of a persistent refusal to sign — as evidenced by his chronic absence from the Madden game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
“We’ve got to get out on the practice field and watch him move around and see what he does well, and make sure we’re trying to utilize the best of his abilities to operate our offense at a high level,” Petzing said Tuesday, via Jose Romero of the Arizona Republic. “I don’t think that’s going to change with him as with anyone else that walks into the building.”

Feels like we should know that already?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Feels like we should know that already?
They know what he can do against college defenders in a college offense.
Pro schemes are much more co.plex and most teams CB3 is as good or better than the guys he faced at Ohio State.
I'm sure they just want to see him catching on to the pro game before they shower praise...."just another guy" also fits the team first culture.... it's important to get the understanding and buy in on that philosophy when a guy has been a well paid superstar in college

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like all the trade rumors were BS.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Or because a QB (Daniels/Maye) didn't fall to 4, no one was willing to pay a QB premium for a QB they didn't consider worth it.

If NE shocked everyone and selected MHJ, I'm sure we would have traded down again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can see a clear difference in smoothness between Marvin and QJ here.

What till Marv find out all this practice was wasted because Kyler can't throw with anticipation and he's just going to get 50/50 balls thrown up on alert routes ;)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

What till Marv find out all this practice was wasted because Kyler can't throw with anticipation and he's just going to get 50/50 balls thrown up on alert routes ;)

QJ takes about a second to gather himself out of his break, while Marvin is silky smooth.

Notice the praise Marvin is getting on his routes and the silence for QJ.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Bruh, it's all about contested catch rate.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guess he got his #18. MHJ also posted pic of jersey on his Instagram so not sure if Fanatics issue been resolved as well???

Can't wait to get this jersey in Icy White. Hopefully they can resolve the issue so that I can order one.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

QJ takes about a second to gather himself out of his break, while Marvin is silky smooth.

Notice the praise Marvin is getting on his routes and the silence for QJ.
OSU coaches will tell you that's because Marvin has a long torso, but a lower base.

He's 6'3" with the movements of a 5'11" guy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Actually think Kyler's going to get him the ball in rhythm. He did really well with a Hopkins like WR.

Kyler's growth is going to be can he elevate other guys. Although he seemed to do well with McBride.

However, what I'd really like for someone in the media to ask Kyler is does he plan to take the Matt Stafford approach with his WRs.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually think Kyler's going to get him the ball in rhythm. He did really well with a Hopkins like WR.

Kyler's growth is going to be can he elevate other guys. Although he seemed to do well with McBride.

However, what I'd really like for someone in the media to ask Kyler is does he plan to take the Matt Stafford approach with his WRs.
Its maddening being in the NFC West. MHJ could live up to every expectation the media has of him and he still probably won't have the season Nacua had last season. A 5th round rookie breaking the receptions record and the 84 year old rookie receiving yards record is insane.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Its maddening being in the NFC West. MHJ could live up to every expectation the media has of him and he still probably won't have the season Nacua had last season. A 5th round rookie breaking the receptions record and the 84 year old rookie receiving yards record is insane.

Can he help us beat the Los Angeles Lambs though HairZach?

If vs. LA he goes 5/75/1 and we win 27-20, I'll say "great game rook!".

SF might have too much for us to win the pennant this year, but I think if our defense is two steps above 2023, we could at least split with LA in 2024. That would be progress.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

SF might have too much for us to win the pennant this year, but I think if our defense is two steps above 2023, we could at least split with LA in 2024. That would be progress.
Plus two from the SeaChickens would be my hope.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

.500 in the division, in any combo, would be good progress.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score

I’m not really big on the rams this year. Even with nacua- kupp has lost a step and the presence of Aaron darnold will be sorely missed by them. Also stafford continues to look good, but for how long can that guy keep up?

Anyways off topic for this thread I guess. I’d be totally satisfied if MHJ got rookie of the year and no records :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have no doubt about Kyler's new found commitment and effort.

But, while it was tongue in cheek above, he has shown a clear inability to throw timing routes that aren't an out route. It is, in my opinion, the weakest part of his game. Which sucks because it's kinda crucial. His ability to throw with anticipation on lateral routes has been poor also, with plenty of examples of him throwing behind receivers running digs or crossing routes.

I'm willing to give him a clean slate going forward and see what happens but this is an area he massively needs to improve.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have no doubt about Kyler's new found commitment and effort.

But, while it was tongue in cheek above, he has shown a clear inability to throw timing routes that aren't an out route. It is, in my opinion, the weakest part of his game. Which sucks because it's kinda crucial. His ability to throw with anticipation on lateral routes has been poor also, with plenty of examples of him throwing behind receivers running digs or crossing routes.

I'm willing to give him a clean slate going forward and see what happens but this is an area he massively needs to improve.
Murray looked better last year throwing with timing. There were a number of throws that I remember seeing last season that he just didn't make before.

My guess is that Kingsbury just didn't challenge Kyler to get better at his deficiencies and instead just tried to scheme around his faults.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort