2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was dumb. He can't carry balls that aren't handed off to him.

Never had more than 156 carries compared to someone like Braelon Allen who never had less than 181 and maxed out at 230.
Plus their star QB went down so late in the season defenses stacked against the run on them. It's a team sport. So nitpicking at stuff from the stat sheet can be an asinine pastime.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m much more worried about concerns he piddles behind the LOS. If you’re wasting time there in college, you’re gonna STRUGGLE in the NFL.

James Conner excels at reading his blocks and attacking seams.

you never know of course but he had a higher average in college than Conner did.

If you only watch highlights he looks amazing, I watched him a few times last year and posted about it he was the best college RB I saw last year. We have a good scheme running the ball, a good runner at QB to take one defender away, I am excited to see how it all comes out.

I'm still a bit nervous relying on Carter as the backup because we don't really know why he was available, why the Jets cut him? Maybe Saleh is stupid and did a stupid thing, or maybe he had issues that weren't made public and they just gave up and cut him. Don't know but i feel much better now that we will have Benson as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Carter and Benson are good friends too. Reportedly they met this year and become close friends.
you never know of course but he had a higher average in college than Conner did.

If you only watch highlights he looks amazing, I watched him a few times last year and posted about it he was the best college RB I saw last year. We have a good scheme running the ball, a good runner at QB to take one defender away, I am excited to see how it all comes out.

I'm still a bit nervous relying on Carter as the backup because we don't really know why he was available, why the Jets cut him? Maybe Saleh is stupid and did a stupid thing, or maybe he had issues that weren't made public and they just gave up and cut him. Don't know but i feel much better now that we will have Benson as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here are some facts:

LaDanian Tomlinson averaged 5.8 per carry in college.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the only other running back I checked:

You must be registered for see images attach

Trey Benson, you are not Barry Sanders.

BUST!

That was 25 years ago. They played defense in college then. This argument is very dumb and bad.

James Conner rushed for over 1500 yards twice and scored 26 rushing TDs in one season. I don’t understand whether people are excited about him being a breakaway complement to Conner (which he might be I dunno) or the smashmouth successor to Conner.

I don’t see the latter in the scouting reports or what I watched.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was 25 years ago. They played defense in college then. This argument is very dumb and bad.

James Conner rushed for over 1500 yards twice and scored 26 rushing TDs in one season. I don’t understand whether people are excited about him being a breakaway complement to Conner (which he might be I dunno) or the smashmouth successor to Conner.

I don’t see the latter in the scouting reports or what I watched.

He's not Conner but then Conner wasn't conner when he was 21 either. He's a physical runner, does he occasionally dance around yes, that's what RB coaches are for.

Conner has been terrific, love the guy, but there's several plays a game where you can't help but say if he had speed that play goes for 40 not 8, Benson is that guy to take it 40.

In the NFL now it is very advantageous to have multiple RB's, there just aren't that many guys who can shoulder the load game after game year after year it's just not as common as it used to be.

There will be a learning curve he's a young RB but lot of upside.

I mentioned him multiple times this season and was pretty consistent if he's there in the 3rd round I hope we take him. So we got the guy I wanted, where I wanted him, that was cool. I wasn't watching the draft I don't get ESPN right now so it popped up on my phone and I was a happy guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Your “argument” of randomly blasting him for ypc and how he played v LSU is so good
Yes. Mentioning his college production and performance against top competition is random and non-predictive.

Best to go with vibes, highlight reels, and what Chris Simms thinks.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Mentioning his college production and performance against top competition is random and non-predictive.

Best to go with vibes, highlight reels, and what Chris Simms thinks.
As long as it is not too old. Got it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison