2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares what position he plays as long as he’s getting the ball. He just moves differently.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
My question has to do with which position he will play in the NFL. If as a TE he'll be defended, I'm guessing, by a safety or even a LB. But if he's a WR, he'll be defended by a CB. Don't know if that will make a difference, but it might. I'm sure he'll go in the first round, and if miss out on the QB (Williams) and the WR (MHJ), would Bowers be your pick over one of the top OT's?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My question has to do with which position he will play in the NFL. If as a TE he'll be defended, I'm guessing, by a safety or even a LB. But if he's a WR, he'll be defended by a CB. Don't know if that will make a difference, but it might. I'm sure he'll go in the first round, and if miss out on the QB (Williams) and the WR (MHJ), would Bowers be your pick over one of the top OT's?
Bowers is an H-Back in the NFL...

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the game yesterday cured me of taking a TE, no matter how highly rated, in round 1

the Cards D so badly needs: CBs, interior defensive lineman, and another pass rusher

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
the game yesterday cured me of taking a TE, no matter how highly rated, in round 1

the Cards D so badly needs: CBs, interior defensive lineman, and another pass rusher
Sign me up for interior pass rushers. The cupboard is pretty bare, though Ledbetter has played pretty well so far this year.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
He's between 240-250.

There is a reason he is so highly touted. He might be the best college TE ever.
A mixture of the great Antonie Gates, Gronk and Shockey. I tend to agree. He is a stud blocker, route runner with speed and seperation ability. Top that with his amazing catch radius and tackle breaking ability unlike our current starting TE. But with that said, our defense is pretty bare and we need an infusion of a lot of talent on that side of the ball. I would love to have Bowers, but not sure that would be in the best of the team given our deficiencies on defense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Sign me up for interior pass rushers. The cupboard is pretty bare, though Ledbetter has played pretty well so far this year.
one of the differences yesterday was that Purdy didnt get ANY interior pass rush pressure

not that the outside stuff was great, but he didnt have anyone putting pressure on him in his face

ZerJhan (sp) Newton from Illinois is probably the best, disruptive interior guy

that said: today Rallis is asking his interior guys to occupy blocks in the running game -- and that really isnt Newton's game

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd add inside linebacker to the grocery list of needs for the defense. Woods and Barnes are "run of the mill" guys that you find in free agency every year.
Right...that's all you really need. Just draft a fourth round ILB every year or so until you find a good one.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
one of the differences yesterday was that Purdy didnt get ANY interior pass rush pressure

not that the outside stuff was great, but he didnt have anyone putting pressure on him in his face

ZerJhan (sp) Newton from Illinois is probably the best, disruptive interior guy

that said: today Rallis is asking his interior guys to occupy blocks in the running game -- and that really isnt Newton's game
I don't know if the Cardinals have any players on the DLine who can do anything but occupy blocks TBH.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92