A Little Perspective for the Doom and Gloom Crowd

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"Len has all the tools to turn into a great big man who raises the ceiling for the Suns in the coming seasons, and the biggest/craziest reason I think he can do it is because the rest of his draft class is so awful that he has to be good. We’re just playing the percentages here."

Words can't express how idiotic that is. I agree that Len has looked surprisingly good this season, and it makes sense to identify him as the Suns' best reason to be excited about the future. But to say that he's "due" to be good because the rest of his draft class is bad is so far beyond delusional that I can't believe the author signed his name to those words.

Remember that Grantland is run by a compulsive gambler who seems to believe that any game can be bet accurately if only you find the correct combination of superstitions to apply. The apples don't fall far from the tree on that site, apparently.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Len has all the tools to turn into a great big man who raises the ceiling for the Suns in the coming seasons, and the biggest/craziest reason I think he can do it is because the rest of his draft class is so awful that he has to be good. We’re just playing the percentages here."

Words can't express how idiotic that is. I agree that Len has looked surprisingly good this season, and it makes sense to identify him as the Suns' best reason to be excited about the future. But to say that he's "due" to be good because the rest of his draft class is bad is so far beyond delusional that I can't believe the author signed his name to those words.

Remember that Grantland is run by a compulsive gambler who seems to believe that any game can be bet accurately if only you find the correct combination of superstitions to apply. The apples don't fall far from the tree on that site, apparently.

you should also remember that Grantland is a portion of ESPN which is more fancentric in it's analysis and it's not supposedly to be taken that seriously, much less piss you off enough to call the writer delusional/idiotic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
you should also remember that Grantland is a portion of ESPN which is more fancentric in it's analysis and it's not supposedly to be taken that seriously, much less piss you off enough to call the writer delusional/idiotic.

He also seemed to mention "craziest" as well. In any event, even if you find that particular line galling, there is plenty to like/agree with about our future in the article. (something you might find hard to believe around this board)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen