Anyone here read enough for a forum on books?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just finished BOTh Chris Snow books last month!

They were awesome. The third book is due sometime later this year! :thumbup: I have a disease, celiac, where you never know if what you are eating is giving you colon cancer. So I could identify with Chris Snow a lot! I have a theory that if I met a fine gal, and I was single, and she took me home to meet her dad and it was either King or Koontz, I would run from her knowing how twisted her old man is and thinking about those genes laying next to me at night! (Wow, huge run-on sentence!)

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Just finished BOTh Chris Snow books last month!

Originally posted by Yuma
They were awesome. The third book is due sometime later this year! :thumbup: I have a disease, celiac, where you never know if what you are eating is giving you colon cancer. So I could identify with Chris Snow a lot! I have a theory that if I met a fine gal, and I was single, and she took me home to meet her dad and it was either King or Koontz, I would run from her knowing how twisted her old man is and thinking about those genes laying next to me at night! (Wow, huge run-on sentence!)

Yuma, I'm glad you can identify with the book and the character. I think it also shows how any and every person can do great things. I wish you the best with celiac.

Which book did you like the best?

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love King - especially the Dart Tower Series. The last 3 books are done and in possession of the publisher. I think book 5 will be out this summer with the other two to follow over the following year. I can't wait to read them.

Also, there is supposed to be being released a copendium on the Dark Tower, it's characters and how it and the characters from his other novels tie into it - it should be quite interesting to say the least.

Shawn

PS - BIM, where are you...?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaywardFan
I have no interest in reading the original Dune. I think after watching not only the SciFi Channel's version but David Lynch's 180 hour version (which is, coincidentally the short version) I am well enough versed in the story.

However, I wonder about the other two from which this newest mini-series is based on. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a hard read, but I might have to give it a go.

Chris Snow is a character in two of his books. I think it is the only time Koontz has written a sequel to a book. They are told in first person and are so imaginative in my opinion. The character has a rare genetic disorder called xeroderma pigmentosum where the enzymes that repair damaged skin and parts of the body aren't there. For example, he can never go out in the daytime. A 10 minute direct exposure to the sun would cause almost immediate and incurable skin cancer.

This sets up a great part of his character. He grew up in the nighttime. It gives great perspective, and it gives him unique knowledge about the sleepy little town he lives in. The town, importantly, which is located close to a military base. The military base carried on far reaching science experiments.

He has an awesome dog, a specialty of Koontz in my opinion, and a great group of friends and supporters. The surf lingo and respect for the ocean is a major theme of the book.

I doubt I have piqued your interest by this description. However, if you like books like King or Koontz and haven't checked them out, I encourage in the strongest terms to read them. The first is Fear Nothing, the second is Seize the Night. The second one is awesome. He is supposedly going to come out with a third, and I can't wait.

All I have to say is right on here...the Chris Snow books are by far the best Koontz I've read, save for maybe From the Corner of his Eye and Lightning...but still, they are unlike anything he's written (from the first person view), and just imaginative and engrossing.

I could not put those down, and am dying for the third, but I heard it wont even happen for at least a year or two.

Awesome, awesome books.

Mike

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike

Awesome, awesome books.

Mike

28 replies so far...ya think enough for a book forum? :)

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaywardFan
I'm stoked. Thanks man.

Dan, have you read the Chris Snow books??

I've read everything Koontz is written, the Snow's are my favorite, along with probably Lightning and Twilight Eyes.