Arizona Coyotes Future Arena and Entertainment District

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Coyotes should have been based in the East Valley from the start. As a part-year resident, I was really sorry and disappointed by the outcome. Looked like a good deal, as these things go.
I live in the West Valley. I respectfully disagree! ;)

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I live in the West Valley. I respectfully disagree! ;)
No offense intended, and there are obviously great, supportive fans out your way. But as I'm sure you know, the players and most of the ticket buyers have historically come from the East Valley. Hopefully the Coyotes can find a solution in Arizona, whether east or west.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No offense intended, and there are obviously great, supportive fans out your way. But as I'm sure you know, the players and most of the ticket buyers have historically come from the East Valley. Hopefully the Coyotes can find a solution in Arizona, whether east or west.
IDK, something off the light rail would be best. If it was just a stadium and not a whole business/entertainment complex, then downtown by the Suns and Dbacks would be the best.

IDK, somewhere that doesn't have a Tempe Marketplace, yet. It's hard to pitch voters in Tempe to have a Tempe Marketplace II, when you already have one. They are tearing down Metro Center and already have plans there. I would have loved to see it off the 17 like that.

If it ever did come out west side again, then let it be off the 202 in the south. That's easy to travel, and it doesn't clog up like the 10 did out by the Cards stadium.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the voters like to shoot these arena projects down.

We have the landfill spot in Tempe, the location that used to be Big Surf (right next to an ice-skating rink), the Fiesta Mall location, etc.

There are other spots and there is a lot of undeveloped reservation land. Maybe they could either work with one of the tribes or even do a land swap to acquire some of the needed land.

Hopefully, something gets done. It would be great for that spot in Mesa which has been just sitting there for years with a vacant shell of a once popular mall. I'm a little biased because we could walk to home games if they build it there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Too bad the voters like to shoot these arena projects down.

We have the landfill spot in Tempe, the location that used to be Big Surf (right next to an ice-skating rink), the Fiesta Mall location, etc.

There are other spots and there is a lot of undeveloped reservation land. Maybe they could either work with one of the tribes or even do a land swap to acquire some of the needed land.

Hopefully, something gets done. It would be great for that spot in Mesa which has been just sitting there for years with a vacant shell of a once popular mall. I'm a little biased because we could walk to home games if they build it there.
That Fiesta Mall location has been begging for use for years! I saw a TV News spot awhile back where the developer had finally managed to buy out all the different entities to be able to move forward with that land. I thought they had a tenative project there. I drove by a while back an they are slowly ramping up tearing it down.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Are there any sites that wouldn’t require a public vote? Or do they need the public to vote because they’re requesting public financing for a portion of the arena?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this next time a vote isn't split up into three sections. Just one ballot question that includes everything. Much less confusing.
Definitely. People were very leery of the last project because there were 3 things that all had to pass for it to pass.

Also, only the older people showed up in great numbers. Average age of the Tempe voter was 54. Barely anyone under 30 voted. Need to make it simple and encourage the younger people to vote for it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would rather see Katie Hobbs meet with the Yotes.

Last edited: